Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer Collar Tab for review

Article about: Hello, Any opinions on this collar tab would be welcomed? The original owner is said to have removed the skull insignia due to de-nazification, and the pink pipes are faded to the front. Man

?

Default Panzer Collar Tab for review

Hello,

Any opinions on this collar tab would be welcomed? The original owner is said to have removed the skull insignia due to de-nazification, and the pink pipes are faded to the front.

Many thanks in advance,

Panzer Collar Tab for reviewPanzer Collar Tab for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Collar Tab for review
    P
    Many

Looks like a late war original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you Adrian, that is good to hear. I assume it would be fairly straight forward to replace the skull?

Any other opinions are of course appreciated. Thanks again

Quote by bren44 View Post
    Thank you Adrian, that is good to hear. I assume it would be fairly straight forward to replace the skull?

Any other opinions are of course appreciated. Thanks again
    I agree with Adrian.
    The thing you need to look for when acquiring a skull is the attachment pins as they can come in a variety of configurations.
    Here are some examples.
    Ralph.

One style. Even though they may look the same from the front, they have different pin configuration.

Another.

More. Although these last two would likely fit the holes in your tab, you should not try to find one like this as these are an earlier type.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you for the confirmation Ralph. Also a big thanks for the very informative post, being new to these insignia pieces it is great to learn this stuff now, rather than making a mistake later (buying the wrong configuration).

My compliments on such a great and well displayed collection too!

Thank you for the confirmation Ralph. Also a big thanks for the very informative post, being new to these insignia pieces it is great to learn this stuff now, rather than making a mistake later (buying the wrong configuration).

My compliments on such a great and well displayed collection too!
    My pleasure!
    Good luck in finding a totenkopf for your tab. Should you decide not to keep it, please contact me, I am always interested.
    If you would like to see more of my Panzer related collection,
    My Panzer Collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

An outstanding collection Ralph!! Thank you for the link, always a pleasure to see such collections.

The 16th Pz division connection also strikes a chord - since an colleague's father was also in that division. He was captured in Normandy, and sent to Canada as a POW.

An outstanding collection Ralph!! Thank you for the link, always a pleasure to see such collections.

The 16th Pz division connection also strikes a chord - since an colleague's father was also in that division. He was captured in Normandy, and sent to Canada as a POW.
    Thank you Pat!
    That is interesting as my parents came to Canada in 1954 but he was not, at that time, a POW. I have his release papers.
    Due to this forum and the exposure, a fellow who's father was an officer in the 16th, contacted me and sent me a small book that his father wrote and had printed.
    Ralph.