Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer jacket my Grandfather brought home

Article about: Hi I have a panzer jacket my grandfather brought home from the war that I've decided to sell, but I'm having difficulty finding out what it's worth and was hoping to get some advice here. Th

TracieB
    ?

Default Panzer jacket my Grandfather brought home

Hi

I have a panzer jacket my grandfather brought home from the war that I've decided to sell, but I'm having difficulty finding out what it's worth and was hoping to get some advice here. There is a stain on the front which I think can be removed and some wear around the neck. I also wasn't sure if I should leave the medals, etc. attached or sell them seperately.

Thanks, Tracie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer jacket my Grandfather brought home   Panzer jacket my Grandfather brought home  

Panzer jacket my Grandfather brought home   Panzer jacket my Grandfather brought home  

Panzer jacket my Grandfather brought home   Panzer jacket my Grandfather brought home  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Panzer jacket my Grandfather brought home

Hi Tracie, welcome to the forum!

Sorry I cannot advise on a current market value. But it is a very nice and desirable item and worth several thousand dollars alone never mind the awards.

But I can advise about the awards/badges. Don't be tempted to remove them or sell them separatly. Clearly some of the badges will not original to the jacket (the top two and the far left) and will have been most likely added by your Granddad. I say this because the badges are incorrectly placed and are non regualtion. The silver "25" Panzer badge is also quite valueable in it's own right, as is the German Cross in Gold and Tank destruction badge.

The German Cross in gold (the large swastika award seen on the left side) is missing the metal wreath.

Don't attemp to clean the jacket or any of the awards. You will devalue them.

Cheers, Ade.

Wow, very nice

I would treasure that amzing piece of history brought home by your Grandad.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

The best way to sell it separately, and our auction is opened for you, so you can get a maximal value. Our members will buy it for sure. You need to make a better pictures and place it here for discussion.
    Starting price is doesen't matter. Due of the final price will be good I guess. That is a first model jacket, and I gues you will be satisfied with it's selling result here.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I would rather sell my home than sell this item that your grandfather brought home!!

?

Sell them all together. The awards on their original places. That way your tunic is an outstanding piece of history! Any collector would love to have a tunic with the original awards of the soldier on it!!!

?

I don't think both of Infanterie and Allgemeine Sturm Abzeichen on their place and even from a one owner
    Regards,
    Dimas

Wow, you sure you want to sell..... I agree with gibba1008!

?

Tracie do not collect that stuff as I can understand
    Regards,
    Dimas

martiniman
    ?

It is a really nice piece of history and I think you will get good money for it. Just try to sell on auction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast