MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer Wrap & M-44 Tunic

Article about: Hi - can anyone give me some advice on these two items please? The panzer wrap came to me as a 1950's Biker's jacket bought from a window display in Bruge. It had the cuff title attached to

Default Panzer Wrap & M-44 Tunic

Hi - can anyone give me some advice on these two items please?

The panzer wrap came to me as a 1950's Biker's jacket bought from a window display in Bruge. It had the cuff title attached to it but nothing else. Thinking it was a reproduction I added all the other bits. However, some photographs I've looked at seem to suggest it could be real - perhaps a formal dress jacket? The cuff title passes the UV Light test and doesn't glow, but I guess this could be easily replicated in the modern world by someone really willing to pass off a fake. There is some reddening discolouration to the shoulders where the sun hit it whilst it was on display.

The M-44 tunic looks authentic, but has HAEREN A.R.I stamped inside. I can only find references to units in Norway and it has a crown and 'Norge' for Norway stamped on it. I'm guessing Haeren is Norwegian for Heer. Is it possible it was requisitioned during or after the war?

Could anyone could enlighten me please? I want to sell these but don't want to mislead anyone as to their authenticity or otherwise.

Many thanks

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Wrap & M-44 Tunic   Panzer Wrap & M-44 Tunic  

Panzer Wrap & M-44 Tunic   Panzer Wrap & M-44 Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Wrap & M-44 Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer Wrap & M-44 Tunic

The awards on the SS-wrap is are not original.

Thanks Anton - I added those awards myself, they are all copies. It's the actual jacket and cuff title I would like to know as to whether they are authentic or reproduction?

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum!

I am really sorry to say both jackets are fake.

The Panzer jacket is completely the wrong cut and the quality of the material is wrong as is the lining. The cuff title is also a fake.

The M44 blouse is made from a post war Norge four pocket tunic, which has been cut down, so hence the ink stamps. Breast eagle is a fake.

Cheers, Ade.

Both items are poor fakes and the UV light is good if you want to get a nice tan before hitting the beach...wash your uber-authentic M36 in "Ultrabrite whitening magic soap" and the UV light will tell you that it's been made next Summer...leave the thingie to Disco Stu or your local tanning salon and learn to tell fakes from originals by thotroughly studying the latter!
    cheers
    Manny

Ade - thank you for your advice.