Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer wrapper on Oaklief militaria

Article about: Any thoughts on this item, looks good but wanted some other opinions. Army panzer jacket 2nd model Cheers Annoyed from this ads?   Sean

Default Panzer wrapper on Oaklief militaria

Any thoughts on this item, looks good but wanted some other opinions.

Army panzer jacket 2nd model
    Cheers

Sean

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer wrapper on Oaklief militaria
    P
    Many

The breast eagle has been restored which, for me, makes me question the rest of the insignia. Look closely at the left wing, there's what appears to be old thread from where the original eagle was sewn.
    Panzer wrapper on Oaklief militaria

I'm also quite sure the seller knows this, hints the low price. It's upsetting to see he makes no note of this in his description. Such is becoming the norm for said dealer, sadly.

I will add that though this item was most likely restored post-war, all of its parts do appear to be original. Even so, the price is too high for what it is IMO.

I am assuming nobody else has commented due to the lack of appreciation.

One would think if these idiots are going to restitch on insignia that they could at Least put it back in the same spot where the original was to begin with. The outline of the wing tip on this one is Obvious and apparent to the left of the newly applied one. Perhaps they should think about getting their eyes checked...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I am assuming nobody else has commented due to the lack of appreciation.
    Or nobody else noticed the thread, as in my case, or were too busy to comment, or don't have the experience or confidence to comment, or don't want to get involved, or just could not be arsed.

I am not quite sure what exactly you mean when you say lack of appreciation?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I appreciate lots of items put up for discussion but when my lack of knowledge in a particular field means I can't contribute some meaningful comment, I don't.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

William,This dealer has been discussed before on another thread.I would not buy from him and a few stories which have put him on the carpet with other put together pieces.Dealers now use this re-badged,re-stored,re whatever B.S. and when I began in 1969 we just called them hump-ups.Tired of dealers putting pieces together and more times than not selling them as 100% original.Very few SS or Panzer uniforms on the market are 100% and I will stand by my opinion on this.In case anyone is interested the Oak wants $4,200 for this wrapper (so called)

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I am not quite sure what exactly you mean when you say lack of appreciation?
    I think you maybe a bit confused by my last post. What I meant was that the O.P did not use "please" and "thank you" in his original post, which is his only post here, and has yet to comment back; this making it appear he was just looking for some quick free advice. It had nothing to do with you or any other forum members.

I completely understand, trust me, how one can be busy or simply miss a thread. My comment wasn't direct toward such individuals but rather the ones with lack of manners. Sorry for any confusion.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I think you maybe a bit confused by my last post. What I meant was that the O.P did not use "please" and "thank you" in his original post, which is his only post here, and has yet to comment back; this making it appear he was just looking for some quick free advice. It had nothing to do with you or any other forum members.

I completely understand, trust me, how one can be busy or simply miss a thread. My comment wasn't direct toward such individuals but rather the ones with lack of manners. Sorry for any confusion.
    Ah, now I understand, fair enough.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for all the feedback. I have never bought anything from Oakleaf before but and appriciate the words of warning on this dealer. It is interesting because I called the dealer and they claimed it was "completly untouched". Sorry for the late response back youthcollector, I have not been on my computer since the original post.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast