Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Panzergrenadier shoulderboards and Hermann Goering cufftitle

Article about: Hi guys, Could I please get your opinions on these two items? Thanks, Mo

Default Re: Panzergrenadier shoulderboards and Hermann Goering cufftitle

Hello,
    the Panzergrenadiere shoulderstraps are good but mismatched. One is made of Felgrau wool, the other of Feldgrau 44 wool (more brownish). As those late war Panzergrenadiere shoulderstraps are still common nowadays, my advice would be to wait for a matched pair....unless they're cheap...
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Shouldn't the CT be blue? This one appears to be black on my monitor.
    Also shouldn't it say General Goring instead of Hermann Goring?
    Sorry im late getting back but Ade is correct. Also mine I think was issued in 1943-1944? Mine were close to the same color shade of these--as because was unissued and such. Mine came from a stock of several that Jessen cut from a strip of them he had (in all I THINK he had around 20?))) to sell individually-about 14 years or so ago. I bought one of the last few he had.

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    the Panzergrenadiere shoulderstraps are good but mismatched. One is made of Felgrau wool, the other of Feldgrau 44 wool (more brownish). As those late war Panzergrenadiere shoulderstraps are still common nowadays, my advice would be to wait for a matched pair....unless they're cheap...
    Thanks
    The Shoulderboards mentioned CAN be considered a matched pair. I had a mint set of Nebelwerfer troops boards that were from the same batch BUT, the boards were not 100% matching-i.e., whomever was working on the assembly line was not paying attention to grabbing matching sets and merely place two together not grabbing the one made right after the first one--and such. My LW Judicial were like that. Im not taking about different wool materials used in either case--merely saying that ive had boards that were a "pair" even if they were not placed together one behind the other-off the assembly line. Id buy these in a heartbeat if I needed them.

Thanks for your help gentlemen. You all have thrown in some very good info here and I have learned, so many thanks for that. Unfortunately I missed these in an auction. I thought I had the shoulderboards for a long time and then a couple of guys started a bidding war over me. Such is the auction world.

Glad to offer what little help I can.

Merry Christmas ;-))

?

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    The Boards are good. I have the same style of those but for the Judicial branch. I HAD, a Herman Goring cuff title as bought from Jessen Relics about 12 years ago-it was mint. I gave it to a friend as a Christmas gift one year. No [photos of it unfortunately. I remember the letters were all more uniform-looking on the one I had-this one doesnt LOOK, like the cufftitle I had. Not saying its bad as I do not know-just saying it is not in the same appearance as mine was.
    Christmas is coming around again... any more cuff titles to spare?

Quote by Styx View Post
    Christmas is coming around again... any more cuff titles to spare?
    I wish I had more but, I don't collect them. The only two I had were the one H.G title as well as one that was SUPPOSED to be a Tannenberg title. I was going to collect them at one time but, collecting Guns got in the way and that's where most of my monies went ;-))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12