Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Parade Tunic Coversion

Article about: Hello, I was curious about this tunic. It is a parade tunic conversion. Was this a common thing to do? Or could it be something that was done post war?

Default Parade Tunic Coversion

Hello, I was curious about this tunic. It is a parade tunic conversion. Was this a common thing to do? Or could it be something that was done post war?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Parade Tunic Coversion
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Parade Tunic Coversion

I think your going to need close ups of the eagle, insignia,shoulder boards and more detailed interior shots mate!!!

i purchased a officers converted tunic there were i think to button holes swen over very well done i didnt notice at purchase and wasnt told which lead me to suspision. However i was told some german officers had this done for economys sake ie paycheck vs small matter meaning a new tunic or this type of repair it didnt sit well with me and i soon let it go at a fraction of the cost i paid.

Yes Waffenrocks were converted. this one to M36, more detail shots as metion above be great help.

Thanks for the replies, this jacket is posted on SVmilitaria and when I saw it I was very curious about it. So there are not to many detailed pics.
    Heer are the other ones:

Did conversion tunics tend to see use in the field then?

All looks fine.

These converted tunics saw both walking out and field useage.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thought it looked fimiliar..
    Made in 1936 and delivered to the Depot in Essen i believe. (correct me if im wrong Jphillp)
    Rank obergefieter, Branch artillery
    Looks like tailored went to work on the collar

Im not sure if used in the field.

Period applied stuff not sure

dont own a coversion my self so...
    Here is another coversion waffenrock... done little different
    From timetravlermilitaria
    Parade Tunic CoversionParade Tunic CoversionParade Tunic CoversionParade Tunic Coversion

Years ago, a friend of mine located a veteran who had shipped home a vast amount of uniforms he looted from a depot storing items for study by U.S. Army Intellegence Services. All items had paper tags attatched listing where obtained and by whom. Unfortunately, the owner felt he could still get in trouble after 55+ years and destroyed the tags before selling the items. Among them was a converted waffenrock with a POA foreign volunteer shield on the sleeve. It was an interesting piece which I would have bought except it did not fit in my collection. This is a very interesting thread as that is the only one I ever encountered.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Here is a picture of the converted tunic I own.

It came with the guys cap as well. The cuffs have been changed and the collar also.

cheers

tony

Parade Tunic CoversionParade Tunic Coversion

I love that Anti Air badge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast