Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pionier-Bataillon Nr. 73, Ueberschuebe Schulterklappen/removable slides: Authentic?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about these 'Ueberzuege fuer Schulterklappen' (removable slides for shoulder straps) of Pionier-Bataillon Nr. 73, (engineer bataillon no. 73) please? Maybe any commen

Default Pionier-Bataillon Nr. 73, Ueberschuebe Schulterklappen/removable slides: Authentic?

Dear all,

May I ask you about these 'Ueberzuege fuer Schulterklappen' (removable slides for shoulder straps) of Pionier-Bataillon Nr. 73, (engineer bataillon no. 73) please? Maybe any comments possible if they are authentic?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Pionier-Bataillon  Nr. 73, Ueberschuebe Schulterklappen/removable slides: Authentic?

Pionier-Bataillon  Nr. 73, Ueberschuebe Schulterklappen/removable slides: Authentic?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pionier-Bataillon  Nr. 73, Ueberschuebe Schulterklappen/removable slides: Authentic?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    I see no red flag...the chain embroidery is the one expected, same for the loop size...but they're a bit faded, the black is...let's say dark green...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Dear JPhilip,

Thank you very much for your evaluation! But the numbers were original black, weren't they? Indeed I am very interested in the 73. Pi-Bataillon because it had its replacement depot in my original home region, a lot of times I passed the former barracks in Mainz-Kastel ...

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Hello again,
    If you say that numbers were black, no problem with me...if we could have a look on the reverse of the loops it would be great as the thread shouldn't be so faded inside and we would have a better idea of its original color...
    I do own some of these unit marked shoulderstraps loops and they're great.
    twice in my collecting life i found a garment with shoulderstraps, i still have the latter. A pair of Infantry Oberfeldwebel unbuttoned from a burnt Klepper and a pair of Transport EM with loops on the shoulderstraps taken from a moth eaten greatcoat.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Dear JPhilip,

Thank you very much again for your answer and idea.

IMO these slides with their elaborate numbers were a last little expression of the old army.

With best wishes
    alter musketier