Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Pionier-Batallion/Panzer-Pionier-Batallion 27 Waffenrock

Article about: I posted this Waffenrock in the collection display forum as part of the grouping of recent arrivals yesterday. I've owned another (NCO) Pionier Waffenrock since the late '80's but never had

TWS
    ?

Default Pionier-Batallion/Panzer-Pionier-Batallion 27 Waffenrock

I posted this Waffenrock in the collection display forum as part of the grouping of recent arrivals yesterday. I've owned another (NCO) Pionier Waffenrock since the late '80's but never had one with the white outlined unit numbers which I think are pretty striking. I saw this one listed for sale and checked the unit history. Pionier-Battalion 27 was stood up in October of 1937 and was assigned to the 27. Infanterie Division. Three years later in October of 1940, it was converted to a Panzer-Pionier-Battalion as the entire 27. Infanterie-Division was converted into a Panzer Division, the 17. Panzer-Division to be exact. Being a big fan of collecting items pertaining to panzer divisions, especially a uniform from (ultimately) a Panzer-Pionier-Battalion, I decided it would be a good piece for my collection. Unfortunately the tunic has a bit of mothing, particularly in the fine badge cloth of the cuffs. However, its unit association overrode my normal objections to that level of mothing. There are clear traces of a removed Gefreiter or Obergefreiter stripe on the sleeve, with remnants of the stitching still evident.

Pionier-Batallion/Panzer-Pionier-Batallion 27 WaffenrockPionier-Batallion/Panzer-Pionier-Batallion 27 WaffenrockPionier-Batallion/Panzer-Pionier-Batallion 27 WaffenrockPionier-Batallion/Panzer-Pionier-Batallion 27 WaffenrockPionier-Batallion/Panzer-Pionier-Batallion 27 WaffenrockPionier-Batallion/Panzer-Pionier-Batallion 27 Waffenrock
    Last edited by TWS; 03-20-2020 at 06:17 AM. Reason: typo
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pionier-Batallion/Panzer-Pionier-Batallion 27 Waffenrock
    P
    Many

As previously stated a truly magnificent tunic, alongside some great and interesting history behind the tunic. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers and happy collecting,
    Bodhi

Very nice ! No belt on Waffenrock in period I think

TWS
    ?

Quote by Waffen94 View Post
    Very nice ! No belt on Waffenrock in period I think
    Thanks. The belt on my tunic is a "parade style" belt with the weaker catch and (formerly) shiny finish to the outside. These were worn on the Waffenrock for parades (with ammo pouches and dress bayonet) and walking out/dress occasion use.

Pionier-Batallion/Panzer-Pionier-Batallion 27 Waffenrock
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."