Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Please help with authentication

Article about: Sorry to be a pain, but could you please run your eye over these pieces and tell me if they are genuine or not. Thanks. I don't think the Luftwaffe Drivers badge is good and the collar tabs

Default Please help with authentication

Sorry to be a pain, but could you please run your eye over these pieces and tell me if they are genuine or not. Thanks.
    I don't think the Luftwaffe Drivers badge is good and the collar tabs have me worried because I thought this type was stitched directly to the collar of the tunic??
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please help with authentication

Hi Tom, the drivers badge is different to many originals I have seen of a given issue style. But this one appears to be quite well made. I would say it is OK?

The collar tabs I am unsure about and I would pass on these if offered to me.

Cheers, Ade.

Great! Thanks Ade!! What would we do without you, mate!!
    Tom

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings All,

That Luftwaffe drivers badge is an awesome tailor made piece. Nice collectable. The tabs make me wonder though. They are the mid-war style of generic tabs that have had a dark/medium green stitch sewn on them to represent mountain or Jaeger waffenfarbe. This looks non period done! The folding of the tabs is also not in a typical period style. IMHO.

Fred

?

Regarding the LW Trade badge, I love it!

Does the bottom left hand corner of the badge not look to you guys as if it has been repaired at some stage?
    Tom

Hi Tom, actually it does looking at it again.

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

I dont know anything about 3rd Reich militaria but the collar tabs just look to new and the green in them looks bad.