Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Is this a Post-war badge? What is it?

Article about: I would like to know what these badges represent. I assume the silver one is post-war German, but not sure. Also - what is the Nazi pin for? Was there a barrage balloons badge? It must be ra

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Is this a Post-war badge? What is it?

I would like to know what these badges represent. I assume the silver one is post-war German, but not sure. Also - what is the Nazi pin for? Was there a barrage balloons badge? It must be rare. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this a Post-war badge? What is it?

Hi Bob, the silver one is post war German Bundesheer.

The Baloon Observers badge was instituted, but not put into production in my opinion in WW2. Very controversial badge with collectors.

Cheers, Ade.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bob, the silver one is post war German Bundesheer.

The Baloon Observers badge was instituted, but not put into production in my opinion in WW2. Very controversial badge with collectors.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade - Any idea what they used the post-war badge for? And the Balloon badge obviously is old, and was worn. So SOMEBODY must have thought it was an actual badge. Can you tell me anything else about it? Thanks

Hi Bob, the Balloon Observers badge is covered in some detail here:

Axis History Factbook: Army Balloon Observer's Badge: A Comprehensive Study

Cheers, Ade.

I forgot to say the post war badge is the Abzeichen für Leistungen im Truppendienst

More info about the award here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_...ry_Proficiency

Cheers, Ade.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Hi Ade - Thanks for that article. Now I am totally confused. I personally think they would not have made a miniature of the badge unless it was genuine. Who would have made a bogus miniature? It costs money to tool up something like this. And what about the fact that (probably) no one has seen one before? Why tool up to produce 1 or 2? Makes no sense to me! To change the subject: Here are 3 Bundesheer badges that I have - all different.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    Hi Ade - Thanks for that article. Now I am totally confused. I personally think they would not have made a miniature of the badge unless it was genuine. Who would have made a bogus miniature? It costs money to tool up something like this. And what about the fact that (probably) no one has seen one before? Why tool up to produce 1 or 2? Makes no sense to me! To change the subject: Here are 3 Bundesheer badges that I have - all different.
    I recognize these three stickpins-and as Ade said, they are Bunderwehr pins. There were three classes of some award that by sight im familiar with-but I can't think of it's name at this time, Anyway, the three awards are foe somekind of excellent service in the Bundeswehr. I remember there was an excellent website somewhere in cyberspace that shows all or most of the BW awards and Medals one could get. The three I refer to can be seen on that websit. I'd post a link to it but don't have the addy handy.