Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post your favorite german tunics please

Article about: My constribution...

Default Post your favorite german tunics please

My constribution...

Post your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your favorite german tunics please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Post your favorite german tunics please

Here are my two tunics. One is an issued wool tunic that was for a "Der Spiess" who was promoted to Leutnant, and the other is private purchase Russian cloth summer weight tunic with a Krim shield. The "Der Spiess" tunic has stampings that are no longer visible unfortunately, though I think it is an "S" for "Stettin", though maybe it says "Salzburg"? I don't have any history with it sadly, and it seems to have been monkey'd with by a collector before I got it, as there was gefreiter patch on the sleeve despite the officer's collar. I still love it though, and because it is very "salty" I can see a lot of history with it. I bought some collar tabs that match the age and wear of the Tunic, and I'm waiting on some shoulder boards as well. The other tunic is interesting because it was made out of a Russian tent shelter! The tailoring is really nice, and it incorporates a HBT tunic into it as well. I love the old style insignia on it, and I like to imagine a slightly older Soldat wore this and used his original, older insignia to make a better impression on his nicely tailored summer jacket. The wear on the insignia is magnificent, and it makes me wish that my other, wool Tunic also hadn't been messed with and had all the original insignia with it.
    Best,
    Eddie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your favorite german tunics please   Post your favorite german tunics please  

Post your favorite german tunics please   Post your favorite german tunics please  

Post your favorite german tunics please   Post your favorite german tunics please  

Very nice

My contribution
    German Pioneer summer Tunic - Hauptmann batt 50 Krim

Regards
    JT

Post your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics please

This is all I have for Tunics in the German Area.
    Its a Hauptmann in the 6th Transport Unit of some sort. I've never found all the little details about it yet.
    Salty Salty... It's had a long run. One of my favorite items, it's not SS or anything to special but guys who wore this never got the credit they deserved.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your favorite german tunics please   Post your favorite german tunics please  

?

My contribution to the thread my M36 feldbluse it is the first TR tunic I purchased it has been said that the litzen and breast eagle have been reapplied at some time in its life.

Regards Mark K

Post your favorite german tunics please  

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    This is all I have for Tunics in the German Area.
    Its a Hauptmann in the 6th Transport Unit of some sort. I've never found all the little details about it yet.
    Salty Salty... It's had a long run. One of my favorite items, it's not SS or anything to special but guys who wore this never got the credit they deserved.
    Property of Disney huh? I knew they were up to something!

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Here are my two tunics. One is an issued wool tunic that was for a "Der Spiess" who was promoted to Leutnant, and the other is private purchase Russian cloth summer weight tunic with a Krim shield. The "Der Spiess" tunic has stampings that are no longer visible unfortunately, though I think it is an "S" for "Stettin", though maybe it says "Salzburg"? I don't have any history with it sadly, and it seems to have been monkey'd with by a collector before I got it, as there was gefreiter patch on the sleeve despite the officer's collar. I still love it though, and because it is very "salty" I can see a lot of history with it. I bought some collar tabs that match the age and wear of the Tunic, and I'm waiting on some shoulder boards as well. The other tunic is interesting because it was made out of a Russian tent shelter! The tailoring is really nice, and it incorporates a HBT tunic into it as well. I love the old style insignia on it, and I like to imagine a slightly older Soldat wore this and used his original, older insignia to make a better impression on his nicely tailored summer jacket. The wear on the insignia is magnificent, and it makes me wish that my other, wool Tunic also hadn't been messed with and had all the original insignia with it.
    Best,
    Eddie
    Eddie,

I like your tunics a lot but cannot understand why you have not finished your wool tunic, as the shoulder straps are quite common.

I also agree with your sentments re your Nco tunic, which is really nice and if I still collected Heer stuff, this would be my preferred tunic too.

?

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Eddie,

I like your tunics a lot but cannot understand why you have not finished your wool tunic, as the shoulder straps are quite common.

I also agree with your sentments re your Nco tunic, which is really nice and if I still collected Heer stuff, this would be my preferred tunic too.
    Hi, my language was not clear. I bought a pair of nice shoulder boards, but I think they are still stuck in German customs, I've been waiting 2 months now for them. I'm eager to finish this Tunic as well. Does anyone have suggestions for places that sew insignia back on professionally?

You know of any local collector that is a "stich nazi". I know of a couple in my area, and they do great job. (me and other people call them).

My suggestion doomtown

Here's my favorite and only German tunic lol, original Schutzpolizei summer tunic vet bring back. Eagle looks re sew.[ATTACH=CONFIG]Post your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics pleasePost your favorite german tunics please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast