Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about german buttons

Article about: Hi Fellas! I own this interesting piece, to me at least. It seems that it is a German tunic converted to a Soviet M43 Kitel (service) tunic. I assume if it was a postwar "reparation&quo

Default Question about german buttons

Hi Fellas!

I own this interesting piece, to me at least. It seems that it is a German tunic converted to a Soviet M43 Kitel (service) tunic. I assume if it was a postwar "reparation", the date would not be 1943...

In any case, there are no buttons. I see that it should use removable type affixed with some kind of clip or ring.

Can anybody tell me about/show me what the German type clips/rings look like, and perhaps direct me to a source where I can obtain the proper amount I need.

While I am here, what type of fabric is this? Police? Also, what do the markings mean and the manufacturer might be whom?

It also seems that the edgings on the collar and cuffs are pink, like German Panzer pink.

I am looking forward to your replies.

Cheers,
    Richie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about german buttons   Question about german buttons  

Question about german buttons   Question about german buttons  

Question about german buttons   Question about german buttons  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about german buttons
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question about german buttons

Hi Richie,

Nothing to do with your post i'm affraid, but i found this a couple of weeks ago and thought you may like it. Tried to p.m. it but no luck, so here it is.... A cracking photo tint of your avatar, hope you like it, i sure do!

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Question about german buttons 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I sure do also... Cracking is certainly an appropriate desc Ned...

Thanks!

Hello Richie,
    You may be right concerning the cloth, it looks like a summer Polizei cloth. The five digits are the size markings, but i can't tell you what's above in the rectangular stamp.
    I'll post later a pic showing the retaining system for the german removable buttons.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

This is the S-ring system, here from a tropical Feldbluse
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about german buttons  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    This is the S-ring system, here from a tropical Feldbluse
    Thanks

Thanks so much for showing that. Greatly appreciated.

Now, anybody out there know where I can obtain half a dozen of these? Even reproductions are OK.

pjm
    ?

Helmut Weitze would probably have the rings if anyone would.

I've had German made multi-piece constructed Soviet army buttons. Several I got in a grouping had RZM marks on the backing plate.

The tunic is definitely made of Police material. The pink piping has that nice fresh electric brightness - maybe it's the flash, but I've had Panzer parade insignia that had that same shocking pink impact.

Very cool tunic...was pink used by a Soviet branch?

?

IMO converted tunic with Schupo markings on it. I must look, probably I have some of the rings for you Richie
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by pjm View Post
    Helmut Weitze would probably have the rings if anyone would.

I've had German made multi-piece constructed Soviet army buttons. Several I got in a grouping had RZM marks on the backing plate.

The tunic is definitely made of Police material. The pink piping has that nice fresh electric brightness - maybe it's the flash, but I've had Panzer parade insignia that had that same shocking pink impact.

Very cool tunic...was pink used by a Soviet branch?
    Thanks Paul...

The piping is really that pink.

I suppose the closest colour match to that would be infantry, in which the correct colour is crimson.

However, the shoulder-boards shown in the photos are medical/veterinary - piped in red. And, they seem to have been affixed to the tunic for a long time. I do not know if I should change them to infantry. I have a few pairs of German made infantry boards, but the colour is not even close.

I suppose that all that was available in the tailor shop/Babushka's sewing basket at the time was that pink stuff...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about german buttons  

Quote by Dimas View Post
    probably I have some of the rings for you Richie
    Dim, that would be great. Please, do not forget about me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast