Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield

Article about: Hello all, I picked this pith helmet tri color shield up in a grouping of items, some of which I have already posted. I am wondering what light anyone can shed on this tri color shield. It i

?

Default Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield

Hello all,

I picked this pith helmet tri color shield up in a grouping of items, some of which I have already posted. I am wondering what light anyone can shed on this tri color shield. It is a bronze color, different from the zinc ones I have seen. Was this one early war period or just made by a different maker? Any help would be appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield   Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield
    P
    Many

Did Kriegsmarine use a bronze shield as well as eagle????
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

You may be right! I have found another example online that looks very similar and they were described as being Afrika Korps Kriegsmarine pith shields.

Plated over brass type, thought to be early but perhaps just a maker variation and a fine original.

KM versions are quite different, having no border on the shields -see blow-, though many confuse this brass type with KM versions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Early Heer shields on a captured Dutch made sun helmet that was originally intended for the South African military, but the
    invasion of Holland in 1940 by the Germans saw this one impressed into the German Army, and issued to the 8th Panzer Regiment
    (15th Panzer Division) and other elements associated with that element. This helmet was featured in the Schiffer DAK book some
    time back.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield   Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield  

Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield   Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield  

Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield   Question About Pith Helmet Tri Color Shield  

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Early Heer shields on a captured Dutch made sun helmet that was originally intended for the South African military, but the
    invasion of Holland in 1940 by the Germans saw this one impressed into the German Army, and issued to the 8th Panzer Regiment
    (15th Panzer Division) and other elements associated with that element. This helmet was featured in the Schiffer DAK book some
    time back.

Bob
    A truly stunning lid Bob.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you gents! Very helpful. I did notice in more research that the Kriegsmarine shields had no border. Quite a distinct feature. I agree with Jerry, a beautiful piece there Bob!