Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Jagdgeschwader Molders Cuff Title - Dated 1940

Article about: Hello All, I think this example of the JG Molders cuff title just might be a winner... Well it's either genuine or an elaborate hoax. The chance of it being authentic Third Reich era is 1:2

Luther
    ?

Default Rare Jagdgeschwader Molders Cuff Title - Dated 1940

Hello All,

I think this example of the JG Molders cuff title just might be a winner...

Well it's either genuine or an elaborate hoax. The chance of it being authentic Third Reich era is 1:2 = 50% chance of it being real.

Not my area of expertise, so I defer it to those that know more about it...

Here's the specifics:

Battle of Britain dated and in superb overall condition, showing evidence of once being on a tunic. It is approximately 47cm in length with silver bullion flatwire title and goldish bullion edging. It is made of wool, I believe and has a cotton twill liner. It is Serial numbered 1289; dated 1940 and, has a manufacturers stamp inside which is indistinct. I think it says Nurembourg.

Best Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Jagdgeschwader Molders Cuff Title - Dated 1940   Rare Jagdgeschwader Molders Cuff Title - Dated 1940  

Rare Jagdgeschwader Molders Cuff Title - Dated 1940   Rare Jagdgeschwader Molders Cuff Title - Dated 1940  

Rare Jagdgeschwader Molders Cuff Title - Dated 1940   Rare Jagdgeschwader Molders Cuff Title - Dated 1940  

Rare Jagdgeschwader Molders Cuff Title - Dated 1940  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Rare Jagdgeschwader Molders Cuff Title - Dated 1940

Hi Luther, I find this one odd for several reasons and I would pass on it if offered to me.

Firstly, the embroidery is not as well executed as I would like. But I have never ever seen a cuff title with the ends finished like that: the stamps & dates again I find troubling: never seen this on a cuff title before.

Cheers, Ade.