Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare War painting of Nazi Officer with Iron Cross and Wound badge.

Article about: Hi Guys....I thought I had this guy ID-ed but Adrian set me straight....so now I am still on the hunt for an ID. Any experts out there that recognize this guy form all the photos floating on

Default Rare War painting of Nazi Officer with Iron Cross and Wound badge.

Hi Guys....I thought I had this guy ID-ed but Adrian set me straight....so now I am still on the hunt for an ID.

Any experts out there that recognize this guy form all the photos floating on the Web of German officers....you know what hey say a million eyes are better than one

Bought this in a shop in Stuttgart Germany in 2005 where I was stationed as an Army pilot.
    Signed painting by Maxim Kohler...famous painter form Stuttgart region...his stuff is in local museums....impressionistic typical of 1930's

Thanks COL R

Rare War painting of Nazi Officer with Iron Cross and Wound badge.Rare War painting of Nazi Officer with Iron Cross and Wound badge.Rare War painting of Nazi Officer with Iron Cross and Wound badge.Rare War painting of Nazi Officer with Iron Cross and Wound badge.Rare War painting of Nazi Officer with Iron Cross and Wound badge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare War painting of Nazi Officer with Iron Cross and Wound badge.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rare War painting of Nazi Officer with Iron Cross and Wound badge.

Gotta love the sneer, IMO. Sorry, but I can't help ID him.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

When I first looked at it, his face reminded me a little of the Nazi bad guy in the Indiana Jones film 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'... maybe it's just the glasses. That was a useless contribution, but I thought I'd say it!

Good luck on the ID.

Mat

What we can tell is he is an Army Officer for fought in WW1 and was decorated with the 1914 EKII (Iron Cross second class) in the Great War going by the first black and white ribbon on the ribbon bar. The other ribbons are rather stylised, as it the whole portrait, but it is logical to say he wears the Cross of Honour for WW1 Veterans. Rank is hard to determine, maybe a Major? He wears the white Infantry waffenfarbe to his cap, collar litzen and shoulder boards.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I am not smart on German rank...seems all the same. Am I correct in thinking that he is a colonel on the Genreal staff....please correct me!

COL R

Hi Col R, Infantry, not general staff.

Staff officers wore special collar tabs (Litzen) a bit more fancy in design.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Looks a little like Marckes but it may just be he resembles the guy from the Longest Day :grin: