MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real German m36 tunic?

Article about: hey im looking at buying this and I believe it is real but it has some oddities about it I cat explain and when it comes to that time to ask for help, the extreme oddity with the uniform is

Default Real German m36 tunic?

hey im looking at buying this and I believe it is real but it has some oddities about it I cat explain and when it comes to that time to ask for help, the extreme oddity with the uniform is the seller says the eagle was removed from both the breast and the left arm which really confuses me. the seller says a vet bought it off a german at the end of the war in a hospital in southern germany and it spent alot of time in an attic and there is also a sign of a removed cufftitle. any help would be great thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real German m36 tunic?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real German m36 tunic?

Looks like a nice M36 combat tunic I don't know if you're aware but the numbers shown on the inside denote sizing 45 is the Height, 74 is the length of the garment, 90 is the chest size 41 neck size and 67 sleeve size. The E38 is the depot acceptance mark (Essen) and the date of 1938. Waffen SS units used the standard M36 tunic at the start of the war until they got their own "2 loop" tunic, so it's possible with what you say, that this could have been a former Army tunic modified for SS use, and I say "could"
    Hope this helps

The button is a fake........
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It looks very new to me, no wear or tear, The pockets seem a different color and the buttons are fake.
    Don't like what Im seeing...

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    SS in a diamond, I missed that

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    First thing that I noticed. Good eye Ade.

ok thanks for all the help I wont get it

Hello Gentlemen,
    This is a perfectly original stripped and retailored Feldbluse 1933 modified 1936 accepted at the Erfurt military depot in 1938 (E means Erfurt, not Essen).
    The condition is good, minus one button at least....as it is not specified in the thread if all buttons are like the one shown (which is not the case as one photo shows that at least one front button is the correct type required for this type of garment).
    What's the price asked please ?
    If the price is fair, this is a Feldbluse to grab...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I agree with JPhillip. I think it is a good Feldbluse and it does show consistent wear - although light. Buttons do seem to be fake and it looks like they were painted post war. I'd look into it more closely. NH

the price of this item is currently 600 I might get I now after seeing the info but idk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast