Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is the a real tunic and is it a good deal for the condition its in?

Article about: If I do end up purchasing this i'd slowly like to restore it. I doubt I'd ever sell it though, exspeacially since it would be my first ever WWII German tunic.

Default Is the a real tunic and is it a good deal for the condition its in?

Hello, saw this tunic on craigslist and was wondering if it is authentic. The guy is asking $200, so I was also wondering if this is a good deal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is the a real tunic and is it a good deal for the condition its in?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is the a real tunic and is it a good deal for the condition its in?

Can you please upload photos directly to WRF using the upload pictures function - I can't see any detail to help you

I believe I did use the upload pictures function on the forum, these are the pictures from the seller on craigslist. I just saved them to my computer and put them on the forum from their. I'll ask him for some more detailed pictures and see if that helps?

Quote by Cody Countryman View Post
    I believe I did use the upload pictures function on the forum, these are the pictures from the seller on craigslist. I just saved them to my computer and put them on the forum from their. I'll ask him for some more detailed pictures and see if that helps?
    Ahh they don't open up in a new window. yeah higher res is needed

Kk, I asked him for pictures so hopfully i'll have them by tomorrow!

I have'nt got any pictures yet, but say if it Might be "Fake" would'nt you think that the person selling this would make it look more enticing by adding shoulder boards, collars tabs, and add/or fix up the marks left by the badges on the left pocket?

?

I like it so far. I'm still learning about Tunics, but I'd give it a tentative thumbs up. Better pictures are needed for sure though. If it's real $200 is a good deal IMO despite the mothing. Get closeup pics of the eagle and how it's sewn on, and ask him to take pictures of the inside, there should be stamps/markings on the inside near the bandage pocket(inner left hand side).

Real or fake thats a really impaired tunic and remember when you go to sell it you probably wont have much of a chance.IMO buy really quality pieces and you will never have to worry. What you see another collector will see and try to buy non impaired tunics.I did this starting in 1969 and never worry about the day when they will have to be sold! Good luck.Goodbuys

Thanks for the opinions guys, I apreciate it!
    I wished I could afford high quality peices but im only 17 with no offcial job yet, hah so I don't have a very stable income. Once I get in the Military I'll definently take it up a notch for quality collecting.

For 200 i would snap it if orginal im in same situation sort of. Just keep in mind if you added shoulder boards and litzen that wil be a few hundered more. Ive seen a couple of salty tunics with original isginias go for close $600. However you will need to plan a budget at where to resell this tunic if need be $450 with original stuff added? maybe $400? $600 would be great but always plan lower so your not out on the tunic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast