Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Reissued Heer Waffenrock

Article about: This Heer Waffenrock caught my eye as it will be up for auction tomorrow. It's definitely a unique piece as I've never seen one like this before. According to the auction site it is an early

Default Reissued Heer Waffenrock

This Heer Waffenrock caught my eye as it will be up for auction tomorrow. It's definitely a unique piece as I've never seen one like this before. According to the auction site it is an early production waffenrock that was later reissued for combat use. I've never come across a waffenrock like this one so would love to get some opinions on it as it definitely caught my eye and may be selling cheap

Reissued Heer WaffenrockReissued Heer WaffenrockReissued Heer WaffenrockReissued Heer WaffenrockReissued Heer WaffenrockReissued Heer Waffenrock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reissued Heer Waffenrock
    P
    Many

Very cool. If you squint real hard you can make out an E37 (Erfurt 1937) stamp on the lining. Im sure many collectors would turn their noses up at this one, but i love it! A very last ditch appeal

Listing ends in about 20 minutes, I'm still undecided on whether or not it'd be a good buy but it's certainly an interesting piece!

If it were re-issued for combat, I would expect to see some pockets added somewhere.
    Buy the item, not the story.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    If it were re-issued for combat, I would expect to see some pockets added somewhere.
    Buy the item, not the story.
    Ralph.
    Good point, any red flags with the waffenrock itself when it comes to originality?

TWS
    ?

I've seen it a handful of times over my collecting years. Former Waffenrocks stripped of the "fancy insignia" and reissued at the very end of the war. I've even seen Waffenrocks re-tailored into piped walking out tunics by adding pockets, etc.

Probably a legit period alteration, but also probably not much of a market for it. It would be nice for a Volksturm collection.

I am not really a cloth collector but I don't see anything from these photos that makes me suspicious.
    I see a lighter green collar applied over a dark green collar, tha6t may be what they are referring to.
    I believe it to be original, it has generic collar tabs, so that would mean later war modifications.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank y'all for the replies!