Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A salty Gebirgsjager Officers moleskin tunic.

Article about: Gents, my first TR period tunic in a very long time, thanks to BenVK , this rather salty and tired tunic simply reeks of history, it has numerous period repairs,and alterations, probably att

?

Default Re: A salty Gebirgsjager Officers moleskin tunic.

I didn't realise that selling this tunic to Steve would also result with the most interesting restoration story of a tunic I've ever read.
    Outstanding! Can't wait to see this one fully restored. What exactly is remaining Steve that you need?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A salty Gebirgsjager Officers moleskin tunic.
    P
    Many

Great looking so far, the edelwiess is correct on right sleeve IMO.
    Kev

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I didn't realise that selling this tunic to Steve would also result with the most interesting restoration story of a tunic I've ever read.
    Outstanding! Can't wait to see this one fully restored. What exactly is remaining Steve that you need?
    Ben, all I am missing is a pair of slip on Officer shoulder boards, for Mountain troops, I think junior Officer rank would be appropriate...leutnant or Oberleutnant, at a stretch Hauptmann....it has to be slip ons, examination of the shoulder area reveals that it has never been opened up and you can see under magnification thread holes where loops for such straps have once been...I am not in a hurry, I would like get it right.....so I can afford to sit tight until the correct pair come along, of course they can not be unissued/mint....If you see a pair, and let me know, that would be great.
    Dave, thanks for the heads up on the Treasure Bunker source, I had seen these, but discounted them on account of the rank.
    Prost ! Steve.

Gents..as you can see in the attached photograph, I have a Bundeswehr moleskin side cap at the ready...its a good match....I have stripped out its lining and removed its insignia, I will cut into appropriate sized strips and construct slip on shoulder board loops to be attached to the tunic....I am off to a collecting friend in order to take measurements off a herringbone tunics loops. Also shown is a small auto pistol holster, that I have had for some time, together with a map holder, it will reside upon an Officers double claw belt I have obtained in Germany, and will be displayed upon the completed tunic.
    Prost ! Steve.

May I thank you all in your interest and kind words shown in respect of this restoration project.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A salty Gebirgsjager Officers moleskin tunic.  

?

The attention to detail here is remarkable, once again, well done Steve!

?

Steve with your permission I would like to send a few photos to a collector friend in Germany and I will ask him if he has or can help source the slip on shoulder boards you require .

Regards Mark K

Mark...permission granted (as if you need it !) that would be great ! Thanks....
    Prost ! Steve.

?

That tunic is looking fantastic , it`s great to see it being brought back to it`s former glory , excellent work Steve .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Gents..just need the shoulder straps ! latest update, on a mannaquin with belt (1943 dated, Assman buckle), holster and map case...(a 1937 Lufty one) my M40 helmet should be here at weekend.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A salty Gebirgsjager Officers moleskin tunic.  

?

Thats really looking the part Steve, i think it actually looks better being a bit shorter in length, imagine how it will look with the shoulder boards, impressive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3