Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Salty Luftwaffe Eagle, unused Heer Breast Eagle?

Article about: Same seller, local find, from the same cache as all the other items I'm posting about today. Is this a well worn breast eagle cut from a shirt, or? The Heer eagle appears to have never been

Default Salty Luftwaffe Eagle, unused Heer Breast Eagle?

Same seller, local find, from the same cache as all the other items I'm posting about today.

Is this a well worn breast eagle cut from a shirt, or?

The Heer eagle appears to have never been applied? It is on a very thin cloth backing. Color of the eagle is yellow, is this normal for a Heer eagle, or maybe Kriegmarine.

Excuse the silly questions and thx for your time in replying.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Luftwaffe Eagle, unused Heer Breast Eagle?
    P
    Many

The luft is I assume a sports shirt eagle and the other is a KM tropical tunic eagle
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Wow, thx for the speedy reply!

What an unusual Eagle!!!

Maybe I will find someone who needs it along the way? Anyway, I was just reading a thread on these, thinking all the sudden maybe it was a cap eagle, and ran into the thread with the 4 inner feather fakes, and instantly went to look at my pics. My luck is holding out so far ;-)

I didn't really need these (does anyone really need any of this? ;-) but of course I couldn't pass it up... as it came with some other neat stuff, and of course a bulk deal gets you a bit better price. The Luft Eagle I'd keep as I just get an interest in LW stuff I've never had before (usually stemming from picking up such items), The KM tropical (would it be fair to say DAK?) eagle I would think would be better served by going on that particular tunic that is missing its breast eagle.

I guess my next question would be why there's a breast and sleeve eagle, and are they the same? I see officers get a nicer breast eagle, so then does the old eagle go on the sleeve when receiving a promotion?

Did they have tailors out out in the field doing this?

Only the Waffen SS wore sleeve eagles.

The three regular branches of service, Army, Air Force and Navy only wore breast eagles.

All units would have had tailors who would repair items. Officers always wore eagles made of metallic thread. If a soldier was promoted in the field, many would upgrade their insignia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thx Ade ;-)

?

Nice items... and remember... "Never play with matches" !! Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "