Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shoulder boards with a slip on F 152

Article about: I recently bought a collection from Guernsey and in amongst were some shoulder boards. Last night whilst going through some photos I suddenly realised that the shoulder boards with the slip

Default Shoulder boards with a slip on F 152

I recently bought a collection from Guernsey and in amongst were some shoulder boards. Last night whilst going through some photos I suddenly realised that the shoulder boards with the slip on F 152 were similar to the ones in the photo. I have no idea what the correct terminology for these slip on thing's is, but what I would like to know is what the F 152 actually stands for. If anyone could let me know it would be much appreciated.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shoulder boards with a slip on F 152   Shoulder boards with a slip on F 152  

Shoulder boards with a slip on F 152  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shoulder boards with a slip on F 152
    P
    Many

Hello,
    F 152 stands for Festung Pionier Bataillon 152
    nice pair...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

That is awesome to get something like those and then find them being worn in a period photo

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Phil,
    I guess that comes from collecting items from a small area.... the Channel Islands, every now and again there is a cross over. Luckily the F 152 stuck in my mind when I looked at the photo's and the light in my head switched on.
    D

?

So Festung Pionier Bataillon 152 was station on Jersey???

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Phil,
    That will be my next bit of detective work, check other records and hope that it ties up. Will let you know later hopefully.
    D

Hi Phil,
    Just had a quick scan of some records and see that there is a Festung Bau Btl 152 which was stationed in Guernsey, where the boards came from. I guess its possible that the slip on have been put on to the boards at some time in the past.
    D

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    there is a Festung Bau Btl 152 which was stationed in Guernsey, where the boards came from
    Yes that's right....in this case the word Pionier does not appear in the name of the unit in german, it's replaced by Bau...
    I thought that i've seen this photo before, after checking the caption says that it was taken in August 1941 in Jersey, the soldier is reading the results of the Barbarossa operation in the newspaper.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi Phil,
    Your well ahead of me there. The photo I have does not have a caption so do not have that info, but he is reading a Deutsche Inselzeitung which was printed here in Jersey.
    D

Nice boards, interesting history, great thread. This is why I love WRF.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast