Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Show Finds

Article about: I hit up a local show today and brought back a few items. I'm hoping all are legit, but am unsure of some of them. Help is always appreciated. I picked them up from my usual guys, who are fa

Default Show Finds

I hit up a local show today and brought back a few items. I'm hoping all are legit, but am unsure of some of them. Help is always appreciated. I picked them up from my usual guys, who are fair, and have always sold me legit items.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show Finds   Show Finds  

Show Finds   Show Finds  

Show Finds   Show Finds  

Show Finds   Show Finds  

Show Finds   Show Finds  

Show Finds  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show Finds
    P
    Many

Default Re: Show Finds

Looks like you did well not sure what pic 6 is though someone else will be able to help i'm sure.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

That is funny I as well went to a local collectibles and antique show today and picked up a few items that I hope to post tomorrow . I do have a question thoe on the strange looking pin in picture number four can someone tell me what it is as I have never seen this pin before.

Regards Mark K

?

Nice lot, looks like you had fun. I have seen those small bomblets pic # 5 on a website before, not sure what they are. A souvenir from the war made from schrapnel ? I also just picked up one of those neat little NSKOV tinnie pinbacks in pic #3 except mine has a stickpin. uncle addie looks dappper in those photo's. I love the second photo from the left with the rotund SA trooper next to Addie

The pin in number 4 is an ancient stone axe. These were given out by the WHW for Winter Help donations in Germany. The WHW gave out many many different kinds and shapes of donation trinkets. The small bombs are called "Lazy Dogs". They were used in late WWII all the way into Viet Nam. They were dumped by the bin fulls from aircraft onto ground troop positions. They were heavy and were made of solid steel and from a couple hundred feet up, would penetrate through just about all sorts of cover(including helmets..if you get the drift). Depending on the height when released, it is said that these nasty little killing bits would exceed 500 mph on impact. Some delivery devices could toss over 17,000 plus of these things down on the troops below in One shot. We used to buy these by the handfuls in the army surplus shops back in the day. They made great toys for kids, believe it or not. Today...probably not so much, but as far as I ever saw, none of us ever killed or maimed the others with them....William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the responses guys! Wagriff is on point with his assessment of the little bombs. Do the pins look legit? My friend told me the anchor thing is probably Japanese Navy related. Is the eagle insignia from an officer uniform? The wound badge has been de-nazified, but was only $20. I got some great deals.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The pin in number 4 is an ancient stone axe. These were given out by the WHW for Winter Help donations in Germany. The WHW gave out many many different kinds and shapes of donation trinkets. The small bombs are called "Lazy Dogs". They were used in late WWII all the way into Viet Nam. They were dumped by the bin fulls from aircraft onto ground troop positions. They were heavy and were made of solid steel and from a couple hundred feet up, would penetrate through just about all sorts of cover(including helmets..if you get the drift). Depending on the height when released, it is said that these nasty little killing bits would exceed 500 mph on impact. Some delivery devices could toss over 17,000 plus of these things down on the troops below in One shot. We used to buy these by the handfuls in the army surplus shops back in the day. They made great toys for kids, believe it or not. Today...probably not so much, but as far as I ever saw, none of us ever killed or maimed the others with them....William
    I use to have several of these little bombs when I was a kid in the 70's hehe don't know what happened to them, but then as kids you know things disappear when you get older....Oh GP are those real pictures or postcards?

I met this guy too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show Finds  

Ok I have to ask, who is he?

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Ok I have to ask, who is he?
    Gottfried. He was apparently a Luftwaffe pilot, but some have disputed that. It isn't disputed that he was in the German military during the war, and a POW. He is an author, and his book is in major book stores. Many records were lost during the chaos following Germany's fall, so who knows. He moved to NY during the 1950's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast