Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

swastika badge with small edelweiss around

Article about: Since a friend informed that one badge resembling a swastika with small edelweiss around has been found in my town, I'm trying to figure out what that badge could be. The only edelweiss with

?

Default swastika badge with small edelweiss around

Since a friend informed that one badge resembling a swastika with small edelweiss around has been found in my town, I'm trying to figure out what that badge could be. The only edelweiss with a swaz I have in mind is the SA Hochland, but this should be a badge with small edelweiss flowers around. Does it light a bulb to any of you? I still haven't had the chance to see it so I cannot be more specific, but the curiosity is killing me
    Regards

Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement swastika badge with small edelweiss around
    P
    Many

Default Re: swastika badge with small edelweiss around

Offhand, the only badges I can think of whose design includes a Swastika and a surround of small EdelweiƟ flowers are the Alpinist and Hochalpinist qualification badges of the Gendarmerie: http://militariadiscount.com/images/...alpinist_1.jpg (link is to an image of a repro of the Alpinist badge)
    Without actually seeing the item in question, this is of course just guesswork. It could be something completely different; perhaps even simply a tinnie?

?

Thanks HPL2008!

I hope to see a picture or the badge found so maybe we can see if it matches
    Regards

Matt

I will be interested to see this badge too Matt!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

It seems we're close but not there. A friend who has seen the badge told me that it's oval with small edelweiss around lik e the one shown here but in the middle it has only one big swaz. The mistery continues...
    Regards

Matt

?

I haven't had the chance to see the badge yet but I have other informations: the badge is similar to the sleeve patch,only in brass/solid metal. It is oval shaped, full, no enamels. It has a clasp on the back like the combat awards badges. A semi orientated swastika in the middle and small edelweiss all around the oval. Still, it doesn't light any bulb to me. It was ground dug over here, together with a SA badge.
    Regards

Matt

I'd like to see the SA badge too if possible.