MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Tarnjacke/Winterjacke?

Article about: Dear Members! I have found this jacket in Nothern Hungary, in a loft of an old house. In the jacket I couldn't find any stamps, just a wartime Hungarian cigarettepapar was in the pocket of t

?

Default Tarnjacke/Winterjacke?

Dear Members!

I have found this jacket in Nothern Hungary, in a loft of an old house. In the jacket I couldn't find any stamps, just a wartime Hungarian cigarettepapar was in the pocket of the jacket.
    What do You think, is it a Germen Tarnjacke/Winterjacke?

Thank You!

Best regards,
    Gabe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tarnjacke/Winterjacke?   Tarnjacke/Winterjacke?  

Tarnjacke/Winterjacke?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tarnjacke/Winterjacke?
    P
    Many

Don't think it's German!...

it looks like a German Windbluse with many modifications. The hood has been removed and replaced with a collar, tie cords have been removed from the front opening and it has been sewn up and the central pocket has been modified. It is missing some buttons including the armband recognition type normally seen just below the shoulder. In the rear you can see where the overpants retainer has been removed as well. A very heavily altered example IMO. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    it looks like a German Windbluse with many modifications. The hood has been removed and replaced with a collar, tie cords have been removed from the front opening and it has been sewn up and the central pocket has been modified. It is missing some buttons including the armband recognition type normally seen just below the shoulder. In the rear you can see where the overpants retainer has been removed as well. A very heavily altered example IMO. NH
    That explains it!.....

Here for comparison is an original German Windbluse showing the rear pockets and the retainer belt. It looks like your example is similar to this one with the exception of the missing retainer belt. I think you can see where yours once had been attached. NH

Tarnjacke/Winterjacke?

?

Thank You for your answer!!
    I think the collars were made from the material of the hood, or other parts of the jacket, because the material of the collars are the same, as the whole jacket. And many repair were also made, many holes were repaired with original windjacket material.

Gabe

Gabe, Take a careful look at the material in the collar area. If you think it was salvaged from the hood then there is a chance some of the original stamp may be visible. These jackets were stamped inside the hood typically with an Rb Nr. like the one in this attached photo. NH

Tarnjacke/Winterjacke?