Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Afrikakorps Tunic

Article about: I'm thinking about possibly acquiring this WW2 Afrikakorps tunic and I would like some feedback as to it's authenticity. I realize that the photos are not the best quality, but I was hoping

?

Default Thoughts on Afrikakorps Tunic

I'm thinking about possibly acquiring this WW2 Afrikakorps tunic and I would like some feedback as to it's authenticity.
    I realize that the photos are not the best quality, but I was hoping to get some thoughts and opinions. From the description, this well worn Tunic has some small snags and field repairs on the back. It has 2 loops for badges and any makings and sizing stamps are faded or washed out.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thoughts on Afrikakorps TunicThoughts on Afrikakorps TunicThoughts on Afrikakorps TunicThoughts on Afrikakorps TunicThoughts on Afrikakorps Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Afrikakorps Tunic
    P
    Many

Tropical tunic, but later model than worn in Africa. You need close-ups of the rear rings of the detachable buttons, straps that look like they're from a coat and the eagle. It is now almost criminal negligence to contemplate buying uniforms without close-up insignia photos.

Original, but more pics needed on the insignia.

As Nick says the shoulder straps are from a Greatcoat.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    Tropenblusen from all types were worn in Africa. Mark Twiname has got a picture showing a german soldier who's about to leave the continent for Africa, he's wearing a third type Tropenbluse and the pictute is dated (19th of December 1942). Some second type tunics, like the one shown here, were pictured in Africa, worn with headgear both with and without a soutache.
    I agree that good photos showing insignia are needed.
    The size is rather small...
    Last but not least, Jäger shoulderstraps for greatcoats are not often seen on the market, good photos of them would be a plus
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks for the info. Here some close ups of the same photos of the breast eagle and the shoulder straps. (I’m sure you could probably enlarge the same photo but ...)thanks anyway.
    But, for my own info, what would make the difference in a DAK and a Tropical tunic such as this?

?

Default Breast Eagle/Shoulder strap

Thoughts on Afrikakorps TunicThoughts on Afrikakorps Tunic

?

Also, as is, in your opinion, if the price is right, would you think this would be a worthwhile acquisition?

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    But, for my own info, what would make the difference in a DAK and a Tropical tunic such as this?

There is no DAK tunic, there are tropical tunics worn by german soldiers serving with the Axis forces in Africa, the first name of the army they served in was DAK, that's all......they're all tropical tunics, of the first type, with pleats and scalloped flaps, the most encoutered on the photos of Africa because it was...the first type....the second type with scalloped flaps and no pleats and the third type without scalloped flaps and pleats...as simple as that, it followed what has been done to the woolen Feldbluse...
    For a tropical tunic that has been to Africa and was brought back by a veteran, then IMO calling it DAK tunic might be OK as it was really worn by a DAK member
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

JPhilip! Thank You! That short precise description, explanation and brief history has been the clearest that ever has been explained to me!!

these were worn extensively in Africa. It's a "42 cut"...the insignia from the limited pics shown are properly applied..eagle & tabs. No comment on the boards, but definitely not "standard tropical tunic boards". Yes..JP is correct in his assesment

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast