Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on German Tunic

Article about: I may be interested in purchasing this tunic and would like to get some thoughts and opinions as to it's authenticity . It appears to be a well worn Summer Weight Oberfeldwebel Jager Regimen

?

Default Thoughts on German Tunic

I may be interested in purchasing this tunic and would like to get some thoughts and opinions as to it's authenticity . It appears to be a well worn Summer Weight Oberfeldwebel Jager Regiment Tunic.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Thoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on German Tunic
    P
    Many

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    I may be interested in purchasing this tunic and would like to get some thoughts and opinions as to it's authenticity . It appears to be a well worn Summer Weight Oberfeldwebel Jager Regiment Tunic.

Hello,
    I like this one..it's nice.
    But it's not a lightweight tunic meant for summertime, it's a moleskin Rock from the Reichsheer that received a dark green collar.
    It did not belong to a Jäger Regiment, but rather to an Infanterie Regiment : 13. Kompanie of Infanterieregiment 87 (here J means I, for Jäger it would have been Jg)
    It's authentic...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks JPhilip... and thanks for the clarification...

A nice find Obal, I wouldn't mind one of these myself.
    "Per Ardua"

I like it. It is indeed in what might be called an "Alter Art" or older style. I have one with a similar cut and appearance. NH

?

Thanks you, yes... I like the older, "been there look" and unit marked..

... cool tunic. I like this rather traditional kind very much. And it's the regiment positioned at Wiesbaden and Mainz in Germany my grandfather was a member of. Maybe the men knew each other? Prickling! According to 'Feldbluse. The Army Field Tunic, 1933-1945' by Borg and Huart the remainders of these tunics were still worn during WW 2.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 01-26-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Thanks again to all who have posted their thoughts and their input and knowledge pertaining to this tunic. I recently, now have in hand this tunic and am posting additional photos.
    Now that I know it is a moleskin Rock from the Reichsheer era and 13. Kompanie of Infanterieregiment 87, it make it more interesting. Their are additional stamps along with the 13/JR87 stamp. any other information about the stamps, would be greatly appreciated. Also interesting is the name "Otto Kusko" stamped/written/inscribed under the button flap, next to the removable button rings. * Is there anyway to research this name, Most likely the soldier, who owned this Tunic.
    Any other thoughts, would be greatly appreciated.

?

Default 13/JR87 Tunic

Thoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German TunicThoughts on German Tunic

Dear Obal7,

A very nice 'Oberfeld' tunic indeed from a highly distinguished veteran according to the loops on the left breast pocket!

The stamp with the Roman numerals was used to evaluate and show the degree of wear/fading of a tunic. According to these numerals a tunic declined in the range of it's use, you can say from a military review or a public dress uniform to one used for daily fatigue/cleaning duties inside the barracks. 'IIII' stands for a rather heavy wear (a tunic with history! ).

The 13th company belonged to the third bataillon. The third bataillon was formed in 1935 from the third bataillon of the infantery regiment IR 36, maybe the stamp 13./IR 3? refers to this former regiment. In October 1936 the IR 87 was renamed in IR 111. Is there a stamp about the IR 111 inside the tunic (I can't regognize one)?
    In October 1936 a new IR 87 was recreated with its units in Wiesbaden and Mainz. The third bataillon was formed by the third bataillon of IR 38 in Wiesbaden. So the stamp 13./IR 3? also could refer to the original regiment IR 38 (all infos from Lexikon der Wehrmacht: Infanterieregiment 87 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht).

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 02-11-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast