Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers' cap eagle - Original?

Article about: Hallo, All info regarding the authenticity of these items is much appreciated. - Kenneth

KSH
    ?

Default Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers' cap eagle - Original?

Hallo,

All info regarding the authenticity of these items is much appreciated.

- Kenneth
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers'  cap eagle - Original?   Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers'  cap eagle - Original?  

Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers'  cap eagle - Original?   Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers'  cap eagle - Original?  

Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers'  cap eagle - Original?   Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers'  cap eagle - Original?  

Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers'  cap eagle - Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers'  cap eagle - Original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers' cap eagle - Original?

Hi, artillery shoulder board and breast eagle are good. Undecided on the KM eagle though. Wait for more replies.
    Tom

Default Re: Three insignias: Heer shoulderboard, Heer chest eagle EM/NCO and KM Officers' cap eagle - Original?

Heer M40 BeVo Tunic eagle is a good original, as Tom said.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Kenneth, I was looking around and the KM badge looks more like the "Donald Duck" cap badges as shown on this page The Collector's Guild
    Tom

KSH
    ?

My cap eagle measures 65mm from wingtip to wingtip. That is too large to be an EM eagle for the "donald duck hat". It does not appear quite similar either. Might it be a senior NCO cap eagle for the same hat? This eagle is pretty much identical to mine: Kriegsmarine Senior NCO Cap Eagle

- Kenneth

I see what you mean. The D.D type are mostly 50mm wingspan, although the 3rd one by JFS is + - 65mm. Possibly a variation in manufacture. Maybe someone will be able to enlighten us.
    Tom

KSH
    ?

This is an Admiral's visor cap. Can my eagle be an officer's visor cap eagle? It sure is similar looking at the details. To read more about this visor cap, see: Kriegsmarine General Admiral Rolf Carls's Visor Hat

It could be, but being that I'm not too clued up on KM badges I cannot say with any degree of certainty.
    Tom

KSH
    ?

I managed to contact the original seller (who is known to be one of the most trustworthy, knowledgeable and experienced dealers of German militaria in my country) and he could verify that the cap eagle in question is indeed the same type as was used for the Kriegsmarine's Officer's visor caps and the same as being shown on the Admiral's visor cap (I sent him the images posted above). I have been 99% sure that the insignia is original, but due to my inexperience and skeptical nature I always want confirmation on authenticity from a second source (other than the dealer and myself).

So I hope that other members can verify this information.

- Kenneth

This type of eagle was used on early TR period KM visor caps, I have seen others posted on a forum. It looks good, I should have said so when I posted on the Bevo eagle.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.