Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

time for a bit of help

Article about: Hi Edwin, Lez and I have an original framed portrait photo of an ATS girl hanging on our living room wall and she wears this insignia. Cheers, Ade.

?

Default time for a bit of help

time for a bit of help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement time for a bit of help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: time for a bit of help

Hello Guys,
    Ive been searching the web with no success trying to find out anything about this patch. I think it is a Luftwaffe uint patch or bomber wing insigia...but Im not sure. I would like to find out anything I can about it and appreciate any help I can get. Does anyone know or have any ideas where to look? Ive looked through dozens of web sites and cannot find any with a reference to such patches. Thanks!

Cheers, Edwin

I cannot provide you with an ID, but judging from the whole style and shape of the patch, I honestly do not think it is German at all.
    From the symbolism, I would consider it far likelier for it to have some anti-aircraft connection as opposed to it being for a bomber unit. (Notice that the sword pierces the bomber.) Just my two cents.

Following my instinct, I google'd around a bit for "anti-aircraft" related insignia and found the answer: It's British; 1st Anti-Aircraft Divison, headquarterd at Uxbridge.

Please see here for other examples:

Div Patch .com - ANTI AIRCRAFT FORMATIONS
    Mili Blog | military items | military vehicles | military trucks |Military Badge Collection ยป Anti Aircraft Formations
    Superb ATS grouping

?

Thanks HPL, thats a great help! No wonder I couldnt find it...I was in a totally wrong catagory looking..and wrong country! Thanks for the help its greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Edwin

Hi Edwin, Lez and I have an original framed portrait photo of an ATS girl hanging on our living room wall and she wears this insignia.

Cheers, Ade.