Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Totenkopf question, concern

Article about: Hi, I’m struggling to figure this set out. Is it real, fake? Are they supposed to go together like this? Obviously it doesn’t seem to be ss style; but an maybe earlier style? I did read thru

Default Totenkopf question, concern

Totenkopf question, concernTotenkopf question, concernTotenkopf question, concernTotenkopf question, concern

Hi,

I’m struggling to figure this set out. Is it real, fake? Are they supposed to go together like this? Obviously it doesn’t seem to be ss style; but an maybe earlier style? I did read thru tons of threads including the Berlin hoard stuff, looks somewhat similar style.
    I generally, steer away from these because of the level of fakes and it’s not my strong area. However this was part of a larger lot of items I recently acquired.

Interesting that the package comes on the anniversary of Dday.

Any suggestions, comments or help is always appreciated.

Lenny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf question, concern
    P
    Many

?

Lenny, the totenkopf is real. It's an early panzer skull, I can't tell you about the collar tab though. Compare the skull to some of my early panzer skulls.

Al

Totenkopf question, concernTotenkopf question, concern

You can differentiate the early skulls from the later styles by material, and attachment points

Early Panzer Collar Totenkopf, matching pair

Wow that’s awsome. I paid $80 for te lot of items so I guess this was a win.

So I’m right that it shouldn’t be on that collar tab? Would it be worn on hat?

CBH
    ?

No it is a Panzer collar skull.
    I believe the tab is Herman Gõring Panzer Division stye, they sometimes used SS style tabs.
    Can'y say if it's original or not, wait for more opinions.

?

It should be worn on a collar tab but not like that one. Don't take it off yet until more people see it and determine what it may be. Collar tabs are not my strong point,. Here are two examples of how it could have been used.You did well, that skull alone sells for about $100

CREDIT: TELESMANICH

Yes it was a good grab. Also came with an award paper for a black wound badge and several other headgear pins. If I get one more black wound badge papers I’ll have one for each of the three I have.
    I’m seeing some panzer collar tabs that look similar now that I’ve focused my search. Will wait for others opinions on this one, with fingers crossed it’s good.
    I like the white ones, nice set

?

The white ones are Herman Gõring Panzer Division tabs, unfortunately they're not mine.

Is there another area that I should repost this collar tab to see if it’s orginal and origin?

I have som shoulder boards but this is my first and only collar tab so I have nothing to compare this to.