Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Tropical Artillery Tunic

Article about: Hi there! Has anyone got any opinions on this Tropical Artillery tunic please? Many thanks. Jay

Default Tropical Artillery Tunic

Hi there!
    Has anyone got any opinions on this Tropical Artillery tunic please?
    Many thanks.
    Jay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropical Artillery Tunic   Tropical Artillery Tunic  

Tropical Artillery Tunic   Tropical Artillery Tunic  

Tropical Artillery Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical Artillery Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tropical Artillery Tunic

Hi Jay, not actually tropical.

This is a privatly tailored summer weight blouse. Possibly made from captured Russian material.

I have a similar one in my collection which I have shown on the forum in the past.

Looks fine.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Jay,
    even if privately tailored tunics were often worn in Africa,this one is a privately tailored,beautifully made lightweight tunic to be worn in warmer Countries or during the warmer months of the year.
    With these tunics is always a tough call to ascertain whether the insigna is original or not.The collar of this one may come straight from an old M35/36 but a picture of its back would be much needed to say if this is the case.
    French cuffs are sometimes found on NCO tunics,both privately tailored or “reworked” WH-issue ones,but these tunics were to be used in particular occasions,events and cerimonies (weddings aso) and at the moment I don't have my references handy to look for pictures of tunics with turned-up cuffs used in action by NCOs or to make sure that tjir use wasn't allowed outside of those particular caases…IMO it could as well be that this tunic was made for an officer,found devoid of any insigna and later put together with OR/NCO brustadler and litzen and NCO tresse.
    HTH
    Manny

Thanks Ade and Manny for the great information!
    Jay

I have never seen a picture of one of these with a green collar being worn in Africa. It does not mean they were not worn there, just that I have not seen a picture of one there, but without a history, as Ade said, it would be called a summer tunic.

Very nice, I used to have an infantry officers example, though not in Russian cloth.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.