Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tropical Luft Tunic ID

Article about: Guys, Need a bit of help here for a friend of mine. He has the opportunity to pick this up. Any help with authenticity, the stampings, boards, make, type etc.? He was told that it is an Ital

MAP
    ?

Thanks Fred. Great feedback.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical Luft Tunic ID
    P
    Many

for me a walk away from.

MAP
    ?

So, for a quick update and likely answer to the mystery tunic.

I have been told that it is Greek made with Wehrmacht tresses.

I've held this in hand last week and from the smell, look and age and little details not apparent in pictures it appears 100% period. No way to prove it but I believe is good. Not commenting on the boards however.

Odd that it has two skill patches. These may have been added but the both appear to be original and stitching looks old. The other unseen patch is medical

Additional comments and thoughts are welcome.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Question

Period yes. German No!
    I lean toward Italian, but frog is also a possibility.
    Sarge

Quote by Sarge View Post
    ...but frog is also a possibility
    frog ?
    I'm afraid i understand what it means but would like a confirmation...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

MAP
    ?

Not familiar with the term unfortunately but fear it's not complimentary. Hopefully a typo.

As far as the tunic. As I note, it has serious age to the tresses and eagle, so I am leaning towards it be in a period piece. Foreign made, German worn. It also has strong ghosting (and remnants of loops) of a wound badge as well as another award on the breast pocket

The boards i have no idea. The trade/skill patches look original but give me the most concern. They might have been added but stitching looks very old.

Not everything is always textbook. So unless this or parts of it can be identified as an fake, you either are a believer or not. And pictures will never prove one way or the other. And what side you land on is ok.

Having held this in hand, I am a believer that it is a German war time worn foreign made tunic. Can't prove it but that's my gut. I know im in the minority here. Happy to be proven wrong. I don't own it. Just trying to unravel a knot that in all likelihood can not be untied.

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    frog ?
    I'm afraid i understand what it means but would like a confirmation...
    Thanks
    Hello JP,

It is a derogatory term for a Frenchman or a French item; but you already know that.

Best regards,
    Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2