Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tropical NCO tunic.

Article about: Hello all, I have had this tunic offered to me but I am not 100% on the authentincity. It appears to be a second pattern tropenbluse because of the lack of pleats on the pockets, yet they st

G43
    ?

Default Tropical NCO tunic.

Hello all,

I have had this tunic offered to me but I am not 100% on the authentincity. It appears to be a second pattern tropenbluse because of the lack of pleats on the pockets, yet they still retain the scallop in the flap. I do know that the 756th gebirgsjager regiment was attached to the 334th Infantry division in early 1942 which would explain the edelweiss. The alder also looks to be correct to me however I cannot discern whether or not it is period sewn on. Plus I would like second opinions on the piece overall. Thanks.
    Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.Tropical NCO tunic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical NCO tunic.
    P
    Many

Fred Green
    ?

Default Re: Tropical NCO tunic.

Hello,

All of the insignia has been replaced/reapplied., and badly at that!!! Nice tunic, Terrible application of insignia.

Fred

G43
    ?

Fred, Thank you for your opinion. That is unfortunate for me however! I'm glad I did not jump the gun and purchase the tunic.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

The tunic itself is nice!! If cheap enough it might be worth it. The edelweiss does not belong. The tabs and eagle look good but I cannot tell you about the boards and cufftitle.

Fred

G43
    ?

Thanks Fred. The cufftitle IMO looks to be original itself. I do not know however, if it is original to the tunic. I do not know about the boards either. Do you think the litzen was replaced/reapplied also or just the eagle tabs and edelweiss?

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Definately the collar tabs have been replaced/resewn. The eagle appears to be original but the top looks like it is missing the portion of the cloth that is supposed to be folded underneath. This style of edelweiss didn't make it on many wool heer uniforms it is definately out of place on this 2nd pattern Tropical tunic. There is a good thread on this forum about cufftitles. I would check that out. These cufftitles aren't usually seen on tropical tunics. I don't like the tresse application either and it appears to match the boards.

Fred

G43
    ?

Fred, I do believe that this pattern cufftitle was put on tropenbluses. Regulations later prohibited this cufftitle in favor of the "AFRIKA" title with palm trees if I am not mistaken. I appreciate your input and help. The dealer is asking $1200 USD which now I feel is too much for this put together.

G43
    ?

Fred, here is a link to Collector's Guild in which they explain the adoption of the "AFRIKA" title in November of 1943 making the "AFRIKAKORPS" prohibited from wear.

The Collector's Guild

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

I said they aren't usually seen! They were authorized for wear but you don't see them that much. I believe you are right about the cost though.

Fred

G43
    ?

Thats disappointing its a put together that would have made a nice addition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast