Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tropical Uniform, Private ?

Article about: Do you like the look and construction of this one Lars ? Morris

Default Re: Tropical Uniform, Private ?

Do you like the look and construction of this one Lars ?
    Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical Uniform, Private ?
    P
    Many

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I have just emailed him. So hopefully he gets back to me.
    Morris

- - Updated - -

This one is being offered for under $1000.
    Morris
    The price sounds about right, certainly the one I owned was £300 or £400, I forget exactly as it was about 10 years back and I assume they will have gone up a bit in that time.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Do you like the look and construction of this one Lars ?
    Morris
    Honestly i can't tell if yours is good or not. It's different from mine and looks to be "Geschöente"/shortened Tunic. Mine is a private purchase and i will guess there could be big difference among these Tunics. My Tunic was priced at 1240 EUR without the medals. These Tunics are also referred to as "Lightweight" Tunics.

Here are some pics of my Tunic. I hope it helps Morris. I am far from home at the moment(Germany) so i can't post other pics than these.

Regards, Lars

?

An interesting example of a summer weight tunic Morris and I agree with Jerry that there is a good possibility that it was constructed from Russian captured cloth I have seen other examples out there with the same kind of textiles used this of course is not to say that it is good just an observation.
    A couple of other interesting observations the light feldgrau wool that was used for the collar and the shoulder tabs looks very coarse and light colored I wonder if it was cut from a wool blanket.
    Lars has already mentioned the shortened length of the tunic I have seen period images of Wehrmacht soldats in mechanized units that have done this my understanding is they were shortened either in the field or by a tailor/seamstress so they would not be constantly sitting on there coat tails (for the lack of a better term) and pulling down on there feldbluse all the time which IMO would be very uncomfortable just my two cents worth.

Regards Mark K

?

I think Mark is on to something actually. When i looked at it, i thought it to have a sort of "Panzer wrap" look to it with the angled stitching.

Regards, Lars

?

Interesting details Mark K.

Hopefully if this guy gets back to me with the insignia photos, we might be able to come to a verdict. Thanks for all the detective work done so far guys, i appreciate it.
    Morris

I am leaning toward this one being real. It appears identical in every way material and construction wise to a completely lefitimate southern Russia tunic of the nature you have all been speaking that a friend of mine got on ebay way back in the old days of Ebay's existance. An interesting note, I believe the DAK tunic I used to own that was made for a movie, and its sister tunics from the same source were based in cut and material on one of these by the tailor who made them. As they shared more in common with them than an actual M40 DAK tunic.

Thanks for the info mike. I am waiting for the seller to contact me back with the pictures still......... hopefully soon. It is a nice variation of tunic to own, hopefully.
    Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2