Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tunic Assistance

Article about: Hi all; Dear Gentlemen, could you please give your opinions on a tunic I was given 15/16 years ago and was purchased by the previous owner a decade before that. It originally had SS badges o

s1mon
    ?

Default Tunic Assistance

Hi all;
    Dear Gentlemen, could you please give your opinions on a tunic I was given 15/16 years ago and was purchased by the previous owner a decade before that. It originally had SS badges on which I was told were fake and so assumed the tunic was aswell, but after reading many posts now wonder if, it is in fact an army tunic?

There was definately a breast eagle on the jacket at one time (the "ghosting" of which I had never noticed or thought to look for), stitched inside the lining and all the buttons are stamped c.th dicke except two which seem to be a repair job (top two) which have extra fein and the second one haltbar besonders on.

With my ltd detective work of comparing the shoulder tabs to ones for sale at the historyshop.de they seem "ok" as well...........but I just cant tell as it doesnt seem to match any tunic on this forum or anywhere else I look, all seems right for one tunic model or another but, well it baffles me, any help would be appreciated.
    One last point is that it is extremely well tailored, ie inside pocket linings etc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tunic Assistance   Tunic Assistance  

Tunic Assistance   Tunic Assistance  

Tunic Assistance  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Tunic Assistance

Hi simon. Welcome to the forum
    I think what you have there is a French cut tunic, with a tailored collar. I would like to see a picture of the cuffs, if possible, but I do believe it to be an original tunic. It certainly looks an officers tunic with those scalloped pockets. The shoulderboards may have been re-applied at some point as the pip is not correct, and it looks as though it is not sewn in "tight"
    The tunic looks ok to me from the pictures

s1mon
    ?

Default Re: Tunic Assistance

Thank you John, for the welcome and help.

The shoulders boards are "not" that loose , but hand stitching is evident and certainy not to the standard of the rest of the tunic, even the reapplied buttons. The cuffs are just plain "straight".

Many thanks

Simon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tunic Assistance   Tunic Assistance  

Tunic Assistance