Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U-Boat Red Tinted Goggles.

Article about: As worn by the U-Boat crew men, these are a nice pair of red tinted goggles. In great condition, complete with carrying pouch, these were worn when the main lights went out. Makers name: Aue

Default U-Boat Red Tinted Goggles.

As worn by the U-Boat crew men, these are a nice pair of red tinted goggles.

In great condition, complete with carrying pouch, these were worn when the main lights went out.

Makers name: Auer, Neophan.

These were needed for the U-Boat crewmen, to adjust their eyes to the darkness.

Forgot I had these.. so small in it's pouch!

I don't think these are rare to be honest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-Boat Red Tinted Goggles.   U-Boat Red Tinted Goggles.  

U-Boat Red Tinted Goggles.   U-Boat Red Tinted Goggles.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boat Red Tinted Goggles.
    P
    Many

Interesting item, i understand they used to wear these for a while before they surfaced at night!...

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Interesting item, i understand they used to wear these for a while before they surfaced at night!...
    It takes the human eye quite a while to adjust to the dark...maybe even as long as an hour...so red electric lighting was used within submarines, along with red tinted lenses, to assist in the adjustment for the crew members.

Carl

CBH
    ?

The Germans also deployed some early inferred equipment , both on tanks and halftracks . Also an early type of night-scope was used or in the testing phase for the individual soldier . Could these have any connection those projects , just a thought . I have a pair of Allied googles with red lenses .