Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unique Uniforms of The Third Reich! WHAT THE HECK.

Article about: Hello, I found these photos of various soldiers wearing uniforms that just don't seem to fit the idea's a lot of us put in our heads about what things were real and what weren't. At least fo

Question Unique Uniforms of The Third Reich! WHAT THE HECK.

Hello, I found these photos of various soldiers wearing uniforms that just don't seem to fit the idea's a lot of us put in our heads about what things were real and what weren't. At least for me until I saw these. Now I don't know whats going on?! Someone help explain these?

-A photo of a Kreigsmarine soldier wearing a Panzer assault badge.

-A photo of a Luftwaffe paratrooper wearing a SS Palm camo smock.

-A photo of a Luftwaffe man wearing a SS jacket with others?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unique Uniforms of The Third Reich! WHAT THE HECK.   Unique Uniforms of The Third Reich! WHAT THE HECK.  

Unique Uniforms of The Third Reich! WHAT THE HECK.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unique Uniforms of The Third Reich! WHAT THE HECK.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unique Uniforms of The Third Reich! WHAT THE HECK.

Quote by Nathan5kdp View Post
    Hello, I found these photos of various soldiers wearing uniforms that just don't seem to fit the idea's a lot of us put in our heads about what things were real and what weren't. At least for me until I saw these. Now I don't know whats going on?! Someone help explain these?

-A photo of a Kreigsmarine soldier wearing a Panzer assault badge.

-A photo of a Luftwaffe paratrooper wearing a SS Palm camo smock.

-A photo of a Luftwaffe man wearing a SS jacket with others?
    Hi,
    A lot of KM personal were transferred into ground units fighting with the Heer, but it is odd to see him in km uniform, or it could be doctored.
    Para in palm smock, could be somehting he picked up, or was issued, it did happen sometimes, or they are SS paras, or its a doctored pic?
    He is SS as are the rest, but he appears to have a luft decaled helmet, at a funeral I assume.

Just my thoughts on these,

Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry B; 09-08-2010 at 10:26 AM.

?

It's not unusual to find personnel from a certain branch of the forces wearing decorations relating to another branch. I've seen pics of Luftwaffe personnel wearing Kriegsmarine badges, Heer wearing Luftwaffe etc etc, this is all possible depending on transfers between the fighting forces as Jerry has mentioned.

Uniforms could have been mixed and matched depending on circumstances and there is definitely evidence to support this. We have a fairly narrow expectation of what we want the troops to be wearing but in reality and in frontline conditions I expect they made do with whatever they could find and utilise. Obviously regulations were 'forgotten' occasionally but just because something doesn't conform to our expectations doesn't make it wrong.
    I've this mentioned elsewhere in a thread, I wear a uniform and get issued a uniform but I generally buy my own kit, I wear U.S. trousers, polo shirts, fleeces, none of which are regulation! If I mix and match, I'm sure others have done so before me!

Saying that though, the para wearing the SS smock doesn't look quite right to me and I wouldn't be surprised if he's been superimposed onto an original image.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

picture 2 and 3 shows an ss paratrooper wearing Luftwaffe and SS gear, as the ss paras used the luftwaffe helmets during service, first with luftwaffe decals and later then whitout decals, as they tryd to confuse the enemy and dont wanted to know that they are ss and have a special opperation to do

Quote by klinger View Post
    picture 2 and 3 shows an ss paratrooper wearing Luftwaffe and SS gear, as the ss paras used the luftwaffe helmets during service, first with luftwaffe decals and later then whitout decals, as they tryd to confuse the enemy and dont wanted to know that they are ss and have a special opperation to do
    I agree with this. They never wore the SS runes either
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...0-600-a-21731/

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thumbs up Re: Unique Uniforms of The Third Reich! WHAT THE HECK.

What everyone is saying makes a lot of sense. Thanks guys! But I very highly doubt any of these photographs have been tampered with... At least I would never expect them to be and I know a lot about photography.

Quote by Nathan5kdp View Post
    What everyone is saying makes a lot of sense. Thanks guys! But I very highly doubt any of these photographs have been tampered with... At least I would never expect them to be and I know a lot about photography.
    there are lots and lots of strange looking pictures of this era even ss men wearing wehrmacht eagel on the tunic or wehrmacht wearing ss eagel on ther tunics, all is possibel to find maybe not everithing but a lot

i know a freind has a photo of a hj leader with brown visor cap and it has a ss adler on it instead of the political eagle

i agree that pic #2 has been photo shopped,,,image is very sharp in comparison to rest of pic and looks odd....

haha, just a funny thought, what if they were all in on this together and just wanted to screw with the future militaria collectors : )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast