Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Clover Stick Pin!

Article about: Hello! I purchased this beautiful stick pin today and was wondering if it has any affiliation with the Nazi Party. I have seen these, but most are not stick pins they are badges, plus the qu

Default Unknown Clover Stick Pin!

Hello! I purchased this beautiful stick pin today and was wondering if it has any affiliation with the Nazi Party. I have seen these, but most are not stick pins they are badges and people say they were made in the US and UK in the 90's, this does appear to be old, plus the quality of this pin is amazing. It has a slight patina on the stick portion, but I would love to know if anyone has seen this exact pin. Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Clover Stick Pin!   Unknown Clover Stick Pin!  

Unknown Clover Stick Pin!   Unknown Clover Stick Pin!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Clover Stick Pin!
    P
    Many

It has no Nazi connection.

The four-leaf clover and the Swastika are simply "good luck" symbols. The Swastika was widely used in this role up to the early decades of the twentieth century before its association with the Nazi movement made this unacceptable (in western cultures).

Agreed-it's just a "Lucky Pin", but I still like it! I would have picked it up myself, if I had run across it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It has no Nazi connection.

The four-leaf clover and the Swastika are simply "good luck" symbols. The Swastika was widely used in this role up to the early decades of the twentieth century before its association with the Nazi movement made this unacceptable (in western cultures).
    Yep, it was also very commonly featured in Victorian souvenirs. One can often find things like a brass teapot trivet with a swastika in the middle. So, "it must be Third Reich" says the dealer

It is still very prevalent in Asia, particularly India at weddings and all celebrations where "good luck" is the cry.

By the way, check out the ornamental elephants at the main gateway of the Carlsberg brewery in Copenhagen.

Unknown Clover Stick Pin!Unknown Clover Stick Pin!Unknown Clover Stick Pin!Unknown Clover Stick Pin!Unknown Clover Stick Pin!Unknown Clover Stick Pin!Unknown Clover Stick Pin!Unknown Clover Stick Pin!

Nice pin all the same.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thumbs up

The swastika was a good luck symbol for several of the American Indian tribes. It was also used in a variety of ways in the 1920s/30s. Here are 2 examples, the first is pretty well known:
    1. It was the original divisional sleave patch for the US 45. Inf Div. It was in gold on a red square which was stood on one corner. After the war started the patch was changed to the Thunder bird, also in gold on the red patch standing on a corner.
    2. The original train station in Pueblo, Colo. has swastikas inlaid in the floor of the lobby. The building was built in the 1920s.
    Sarge

Indeed just a lucky symbol with no connection to the third Reich.
    Here is another of the Customs house floor in Sydney before it was removed.
    Unknown Clover Stick Pin!

a much abused symbol.