Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.

Article about: Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could help identify these leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) for me. There are no stamps to be found. The only info I have to go on is a small paper labe

Default Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone could help identify these leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) for me.

There are no stamps to be found. The only info I have to go on is a small paper label to the inside lining reading '12 or A2'

The press studs read S.H.B - Along with O (Star) O. Ring any bells?

My reason for posting here is that I did find one result online with the same SHB press stud mark. The item in question was a WW2 German, M31 Field flask and cup - With the following description:

' The flask is painted green and is1944 dated with a bakelite lid. The steel fittings are marked SHB, with webbing straps with leather fittings, and an XXX on the steel fixing clip with the marking MH&Co on the buckle The felt has no holes from moth nips with the felt manufactured slightly wider to one side. The press studs are all marked SHB. There has been a small 1/2" field repair along the seem under the press studs which have been stitched. The aluminium cup has no evidence of any paint ever having been applied. Fairly scarce. A really good example of a late war field flask, cover and cup'

On that note - I wondered if these gauntlets could also be German-made ? If so, can anyone give me any information with regards to which unit may have used them and for what purpose. Should they have a connection to military use that is.

My initial thoughts were post war / civilian use? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Gillan.

Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.
    P
    Many

?

Looks like motorcycle gloves from some decades back.
    I saw gloves almost like these in a militara store long time ago, they were labeled as gloves for motor cycledrivers from early 1960s.. I were considering to buy the gloves for some strange reason i cannot remember anymore, but never did.

I did find another post by James N (02-03-2014, 09:06 PM) titled ' SS RZM Marked Feldflasche ' with the same S.H.B snaps .....

I understand the majority of gloves had PRYM snaps? ... Hence searching for verification ... Thanks.

Same studs feature on 'SS RZM Marked Feldflasche' ...

Unmarked leather gauntlets (mittens/gloves) with trigger finger. Stud reading SHB.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Looks like motorcycle gloves from some decades back.
    I saw gloves almost like these in a militara store long time ago, they were labeled as gloves for motor cycledrivers from early 1960s.. I were considering to buy the gloves for some strange reason i cannot remember anymore, but never did.
    Thanks for that. I did wonder if they were motorcyclist / dispatch rider. Although the trigger finger made me wonder if they were used by pilot or the likes. As they look very similar...

The leather hide certainly looks and feels as though it has some age. The arrow design around the press stud (outer) also rings a bell from other gloves I've sold from around the 1940s-50s...

Can we agree they are German made? Cheers.