Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

URGENT Greatcoat verification

Article about: Hi guys, This greatcoat is going up for sale tomorrow, and I urgently need verification as to whether it is authentic or a repro. I'm really not sure, the collar stitching looks ok to me, bu

Exclamation URGENT Greatcoat verification

Hi guys,

This greatcoat is going up for sale tomorrow, and I urgently need verification as to whether it is authentic or a repro. I'm really not sure, the collar stitching looks ok to me, but I have never handled one in the flesh before. A ballpark value would also be great. Last picture is the very bottom of the back of the greatcoat. Thanks in advance
    =)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement URGENT Greatcoat verification
    P
    Many

Original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

Thanks for the verification. I take it this is an em greatcoat?
    How much do these go for nowadays?

Cheers,

Franzjoseph

Agreed-original. Hard to tell condition from the limited photos. A plain Jane EM's overcoat in Excellent condition sells for, perhaps, $4-500, so figure accordingly on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Conditioned seemed reasonable, I couldn't spot any mothing or anything, but I was reticent to untie it too much! Thanks for the guidance on price!

Hi guys,

I won the greatcoat! Now I am able to take better photos, perhaps this will aid in verification! As Ade has already observed, it seems real so these photos should confirm that! Is there anything interesting I should know about this coat? I am only just starting out again after a long hibernation!

Is the condition good? Would this example fall at the upper end of the value scale? Would it be worth obtaining shoulderboards?

Thanks in advance!

URGENT Greatcoat verificationURGENT Greatcoat verificationURGENT Greatcoat verificationURGENT Greatcoat verificationURGENT Greatcoat verificationURGENT Greatcoat verificationURGENT Greatcoat verificationURGENT Greatcoat verification

This is a Heer Officer's greatcoat.

Note the material and the dagger hanger.

I don't do valuations. That you can now find out via dealers site now you know what you have.

It lacks the shoulder boards.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

Thanks. I didn't realise that officers had their greatcoats in wool. Was this model used for all ranks (the m36?)

Look under the collar. Trikot wool ribbed wool was the first giveaway in your original post. Not used on enlisted mens clothing. Second giveaway is the dagger hanger. Third is the lining and the lack of slits for the belt used on enlisted mans greatcoats.

Officers had to buy their own kit. They had a number of options open to them regarding quality and price. This would have been a slightly cheaper cost option in wool. A finer wool coat would have cost more.

Thanks for your help Ade! It makes sense that the dagger hanger would connote officer rank. I'm very glad to have acquired this coat, and moreover I got it for a bargain price! The fact that it does not seem to have any stamps is not worrying then?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast