Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Volkssturm Armband

Article about: I think that is the armband I traded to Lakeside, with another band, in exchange for some other items he had. A very nice armband, I must say! LOL. It was hard for me to trade it but I got s

Default Volkssturm Armband

Gday all,
    Just thought I would post my new Volkssturm Armband.
    I do like this item as to me it symbolises the end of the Reich,A final act of desperation and arrogance

Volkssturm ArmbandVolkssturm Armband

Any opinions re this item would be appreciated.
    Thanks folks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkssturm Armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: Volkssturm Armband

A great looking armband! And such History to it! I agree on the desperation bit but I don't quite see the arrogance part. To me,anyway, these armbands and what they represent-the "Peoples Army",consisting of old men, kids, wounded up cripples- are more pathetic and even pitiable than anything else. In any case, one can only hold this thing in their hand and try to envision the flaming Hell these people must have seen and experienced. Their country was totally over run by a vengeful and ruthless enemy bent on crushing the last iota of the old Regime away to dust and then some. These people weren't the SS,Gestapo or even the Army and had little if anything to do with their governments and what they did,but Their lives and everything they knew and everything about them was coming down in flames right before their eyes. It could only be compared to the final fall of Rome and the Empire. Makes you shiver just thinking about it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Dave

From what I've read, these are often faked. If I was forced to decide, this one would fool me, as I would take a chance and buy it if the price was fair! If you don't mind sharing, was it too expensive?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thanks Gents,
    By arrogance Bill I mean believing that the young,the old and the crippled could do what the Wehrmacht failed to achieve.
    I paid $75.00 US for it Green,a fair price for a worn example I feel.
    Cheers Fella's.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Thanks Gents,
    By arrogance Bill I mean believing that the young,the old and the crippled could do what the Wehrmacht failed to achieve.
    I paid $75.00 US for it Green,a fair price for a worn example I feel.
    Cheers Fella's.
    Well within the range I would pay. Great find, Dave! Congrats. Armbands look great within a collection.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thanks Green,
    I purchased this from LakesideTrader.He has another worn example advertised today at the same price on their site.
    Cheers mate.

Here is my original example: Just to compare!
    Attached Images Attached Images Volkssturm Armband  Volkssturm Armband  Volkssturm Armband  Volkssturm Armband  Volkssturm Armband 

?

If only...sold lonnng ago... I once had a pair of pajamas made out of uncut sheets of these.
    Pete
    Note, I didn't have them made, they were like that when I bought them.

Now that would be an interesting pair of PJ's for sure.

Now that's funny Pete. Do you mind telling us how old you were when you were when you wore your Volkssturm PJ's. Nice armband Dave.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast