Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???

Article about: looked like bad fake to me as well... I have been burned too...learned the hard way.

?

Default War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???

What do you guys think about this. I don't have much doubt that it's an authentic tunic; the collar tabs look good, the material looks correct, but the wreath around the eagle looks a bit thick. I don't know all the variations of the breast eagle so maybe this is ok as well?

Do you think this is the real deal, or someone made this to look tattered? I assume some of you have probably come across tunics that have been war torn, right?

If you saw this at a show, what would you expect to pay? Since I've never come across one that is battered like this one I have no clue of the value.

(FYI - I plan to post a couple shots of the full front and back. As soon as I get them I'll post)

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???   War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???  

War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???   War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???  

War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???   War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???

Here are some more photos. What do you all think about this? I have a Captain's Tunic that is this exact style (I think my title is incorrect, I think this is an officer's tunic, not NCO) and everything looks good to me but I'd like everyone else's opinion. I'd especially like to know what you all think about value of something like this.

Keep in mind, these photos were taken with a pretty intense flash so the color is off a bit in places, and the highlights are pretty harsh.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???   War Stained, Burned and Tattered Heer NCO Uniform???  

Hello,
    Does it belong to you and do you plan to buy it ?
    in the case of the latter, save your money and look for another one...total crap...this is a postwar tunic that has been burned and tattered to fool people...
    If it belongs to you, you'd better send it back...
    Sorry for this
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Wow! I really wasn't expecting to hear it is a Post War tunic. I've been doing a lot of reading, and observing the feedback from this forum, and thought I'd become more in tune with the differences but apparently I still have a lot to learn.

Can you please point out the elements of the tunic that give it away as Post War so I, and others in the forum like myself, can learn from your experience?

By the way, no I have not purchased this tunic yet so it's all good

Thanks JPhilip!
    Dzyner

Hi. I agree, this is a post war fake. Is the collar dark green or dark grey as it looks in the pictures? The lining looks wrong, there is no split in the back of the tunic, the eagle looks bad, the fake french cuffs look very east German, and the breeches that are in one of the pics are certainly DDR. Appart from that it's great!

?

generalT, very good point about the split in the back of the tunic. The Heer Officer's tunic that I have, which has been authenticated, does indeed have the split so good catch. This is AWESOME! I love learning about this stuff

I do agree the Eagle looks bad. I have seen variations of the eagle (quite a few in fact), but the wreath looks too thick as I mentioned in my original post. Is that what you see, or are there other things about the Eagle that give it away?

Regarding the French Cuffs, what do you see with those that make them look East German?

I honestly didn't notice the Breeches in the photos until now I threw that photo in by accident; at a glance I thought it was just another view of the tunic's interior. So, what about the breeches gives it away?

agree post war tunic

?

Hi dzyner,
    one other thing to look for is the inner and outer wear. if the out side of a tunic, looks worn and dirty. you would expect to see sweat oil on the inner coller, and other signs of wear in the armpits, cuffs etc. this one was a poor attempt at trying to doctor up age. but the heavy dirt around the sad looking breast eagle as it is, and the way the interior is burnerd, looks very deliberate. look at the natural wear on your other tunic. and look at as many others you can. natural wear and use has a look to it. besides all the other things mentioned already.
    better luck next time.
    andrew

?

The wreath on the eagle is just terrible- leaves all far apart like that is totally wrong. Since the eagle is an integral part of the 'soiling' that was all I needed to see to know this was likely a fake uniform...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

agree with JPhilip and others: it looks to me like a NVA bluse that has been tattered to look old. All the attributes are bad copies. Give it back or don't buy it.
    Regards

Matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast