Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Wehrmacht button with a H to identify

Article about: Hi, does anyone know who wore this button? Someone tells me for the wehrmacht but??? More precisely? Thank you very much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cédric

Default Wehrmacht button with a H to identify

Hi,
    does anyone know who wore this button?
    Someone tells me for the wehrmacht but???
    More precisely?
    Thank you very much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cédric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wehrmacht button with a H to identify

Hi Cedric, any writing on the back of the button? If it's German, it must be early, the pebbling does not look correct.

Jay

Hi Jay,
    Thank you for your answer.
    The writings on the back are : "A Hochfeine Qualität 24M"
    And the diameter 24mm.
    Cédric

That is a generic "High Quality" stamp and the h is not in the Sutterlin script. I don't have any reference books with buttons. The WWII regiment or specialty stamped buttons I've seen bore the noticably raised pebbling. I could be wrong, but in my humble opinion, that button is not WII era. However, there are a wide variety of non-military uniforms I am not familiar with. I Hope someone else can give you more info Cedric.

Jay

Thank you Jay for your interest, you are the one who search and I am grateful to you.
    I agree with you, there's every chance that it's a button for german administration or else...
    But I think it's a WII era because german postwar buttons have no pebbling and are not in high quality - or in any case, I never seen them so far. For me pebbling buttons are mostly for the IIIreich period but I can be wrong.
    Thx
    Best regards
    Cédric

It could be Third Reich era, Cedric. Pebbling actually started many years before the Third Reich. It's my understanding that the pebbling was to prevent reflections of light while in combat, on military uniforms. I know they used buttons with pebbling on non-combat uniforms as well, but my knowledge is very limited in that area. Hopefully some of our uniform collectors will be able to help you out. I know how frustrating it can be identifying items.

Jay