Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht Heer Uniform Identification & Authentication

Article about: Hi collectors, hope you have all enjoyed your summer so far and have made some nice additions to your collections! I have personally picked up a few new buckles while travelling across easte

Default Wehrmacht Heer Uniform Identification & Authentication

Hi collectors, hope you have all enjoyed your summer so far and have made some nice additions to your collections! I have personally picked up a few new buckles while travelling across eastern europe!

On to the topic: I have been wanting to add a combat tunic to my growing collection of third reich militaria and came across this uniform: Aside from a tunic, it comes with pants & a Y-Strap. However, since I do not own any tunics, I am having a hard time determining whether it’s a authentic period set or not.

I have done a lot of research and based on that, there are a few things that stand out as questionable to me:

Based on the green collar and pocket pattern, I would identify this as a M36 tunic. But wouldn’t the shoulder boards be dark green as well? The buttons; shouldn’t they be field grey as opposed to bare steel / aluminum? The breast eagle looks like it’s printed. I would expect a embroided variant on this type of tunic?

The pictures aren’t the best, but seeing as this tunic seems to have belonged to a NCO / fairly senior soldier: I would have expected at least some award loops, but I don’t see any in the pictures? Shouldn’t there be buttons in the collar?

I’m mainly after the tunic and consider the Y-strap and pants as bonuses, since the set is fairly cheap, but there are things that stand out to me about these items as well:

Wouldn’t the pants have buttons for suspenders as opposed to belt loops? The Y-Strap, with its rivets, looks like post war Austrian to me?

Well, there are a few details that make me question this set, but it’s very reasonably priced and if the base tunic is real - It would still make a nice and affordable addition to my collection until I find that perfect piece!

So what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht Heer Uniform Identification & Authentication   Wehrmacht Heer Uniform Identification & Authentication  

Wehrmacht Heer Uniform Identification & Authentication   Wehrmacht Heer Uniform Identification & Authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Heer Uniform Identification & Authentication
    P
    Many

Hello,
    From these photos and i'm quite sure i don't need new ones to change my mind, the all set is a movie prop from a long time ago...
    The feldbluse is bad....by the way, for you to know, the second feature of the M36 tunic (after the dark green collar) is the number of buttons, 5, not 6 (which is the case here)...Y-straps are not german WWII...
    The pants dont show any good feature as well....
    Save your money...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks a lot for your swift reply!

Sad to hear that it’s most likely all bad, but I’m happy that I asked here before I spent any money on it. Just confirms that if it seems too good to be true - It most likely is...

I will be passing on the set!