Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Well-worn camouflage jacket

Article about: I was visting an older gentleman who owns a militaria booth at a antique mall yesterday, and he asked me for my opinion of a new item he recently acquired. These camo pieces aren't currently

Excellent examples dasbootu96 and Sarge. Regarding yours dasbootu96, I see several differences between the two of ours, i.e: the buttons, exterior sowing of the waistband belt, thickness, etc. etc.....could they be of different production or models possibly? For the past three years my primary--and secondary--focus has been elsewhere so my knowledge here is still very limited. Also, if needed I do still own mine and would be more than happy to supply further images of higher quality.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Well-worn camouflage jacket
    P
    Many

Hi Cody, just manufacturers variations. These small details are what set different makers apart.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Unhappy

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    The 'Tante Ju' yours too Sarge?
    I wish! Belongs to the Confederate Air Force, it's a Spanish Casa. Used to be kept in Denver. I helped do a lot of the restoration when it was first brought back to the US and crewed it the first 2 or 3 airshos it flew (it is a dog to fly!), don't know where it is now.
    I "Almost" bought a Spanish Casa in Spain, but the deal didn't jell - Damm It!!!
    Sarge

I bought a jacket the same as the one posted by Youthcollector, in the mid 1990's from an Army Surplus store. The owner imported ex-DDR army surplus equiptment and he sold it as that, post war produced East German Army. So, either I bought a genuine TR jacket or, there are East German produced jackets that may be sold as TR era.

If your jacket is the same as the one originally posted it is wartime. The DDR did not produce these or anything like them.

People sell things in ignorance.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes, Ade you are right. I think now it may have been a BGS (West German Border Guards) jacket in Sumpfmuster 44 camo which they used from 1950's to 1976. New collectors need to watch out for this type as it could fool some. Me, I used it for fishing!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5