Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???

Article about: I'm considering purchasing this set. Obviously the visor is missing the cap eagle, but I can replace that. Do these look good to you guys? I had a look in my books and cannot find an exact m

?

Default What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???

I'm considering purchasing this set. Obviously the visor is missing the cap eagle, but I can replace that. Do these look good to you guys? I had a look in my books and cannot find an exact match, but the books can only show so many examples.

Thoughts??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???   What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???  

What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???   What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???  

What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???

Hi, Dzynr !

I don't really know a whole lot about the subject, but they sure look good to me.
    The hat is a definite 'Yes' to my eye The small details ( cap eagle, buttons, etc.)
    you can address later when you finally own it. Some things you just can't fake
    - age, material, honest wear, colour, etc. Both look really great from here !

Still, I'd like to hear what others have to say...............
    ( just to see if my first impression is correct or not. )
    I'd be surprised if they were bogus. !

Regards, Steve.

Quote by dzyner View Post
    I had a look in my books and cannot find an exact match, but the books can only show so many examples.
    Hello,
    Perhaps it's because you dont' have the right book....
    Try "Feldbluse", page 22, not an exact match, but a similar one...

Always hard to be sure without handling it, but the set looks legit to me. The cap lacks the eagle and false leather chinstrap, the tunic seems to be a very nice untouched Reichswehr moleskin tunic reissued to Unteroffizier Franz Bauer (later promoted to Oberfeldwebel) who served with the 8th company (M.G.) of Infanterieregiment 62.
    Early pointed straps, Pre-1938 Infanterie Litzen, first type of breast eagle adopted for the woolen Feldbluse, only the Iron Cross ribbon is a bit "disturbing"....is it stained with ink ?
    The name label is always a plus..and the unit stamps also...looks like the tunic belonged to a soldier of JR19 in the first place.

It comes from the Lexicon der Wehrmacht :

Die 6. und 8. Kompanie sind Versuchstruppenteile für leichte und schwere MG-Einheiten

Infanterieregiment 62 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

If you can ask for more specific pics...do it....and post them here please...
    It looks very promising...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

JPhilip,

Here are a couple more shots. The matches you see in one of the shots was found in the pocket by the previous owner. I should receive it Monday or Tuesday and could provide more shots then.

You seem very well versed, JPhilip. What would you expect to see as a price on this tunic at a show? I'm not interested in selling, but will need to know (rough) retail value for insurance purposes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???   What do you guys think about this Tunic & Visor???  

i would think a price of about $850.00 would be in the neighborhood for the jacket...

That is a very nice set . I would say the price of the cap is around £350, and the tunic £550...........

?

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the feedback, although I expected the tunic to be worth more.

Based on the general feedback I've been getting on other forums, it sounds like this is a fairly rare variation; a Reichswehr carry-over with early breast insignia and period added Werhmacht style M36 dark green collar. The shoulder board unit emblems match the tunics markings (not often found with the numbers still present on the boards, right?), and includes the soldier's name and rank when the tunic was issued, showing clearly that the soldier was promoted. I'm just curious whether or not your estimates take all of this into account.

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate the feedback, although I expected the tunic to be worth more.

Based on the general feedback I've been getting on other forums, it sounds like this is a fairly rare variation; a Reichswehr carry-over with early breast insignia and period added Werhmacht style M36 dark green collar. The shoulder board unit emblems match the tunics markings (not often found with the numbers still present on the boards, right?), and includes the soldier's name and rank when the tunic was issued, showing clearly that the soldier was promoted. I'm just curious whether or not your estimates take all of this into account.
    When I gave my estimate on the tunic, I did indeed take into account the variation. Although I never voiced the configuration, I didn't think it necessary

An item is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. If you're selling it, best of luck if you can get more. But you have to find the right person.

?

Hi John,

I was only curious whether or not the elements I noted were considered so thanks for clarifying. If that's what the tunic is worth, then so be it. I got a good deal on it and it'll look very nice with the rest of my collection

Thanks again for your feedback, I really appreciate it John!

Dzyner

I get a lot of people asking "what's it worth" Of course as we all know the dealer does the leg work, the research and ultimately sticks his neck out and buys something. If the dealer is not conversant with an item he can come un-stuck and loose money. When buying from a dealer you have to rely on his expertise and description. Ok some dealers, and only some, try to deceive. But the dealers we have on here are top guys. And there are a lot of established dealers out there, and they post on this forum too some you know, and some you won't know who prefer to keep quiet. It saddens me that probably the best person in the world on SS cloth will not post on any forums (although he is a member here) and I wish he would, coz he knows more than anybody.........G

I like the tunic and cap, it says a lot to me ( my wife says I talk to the dead ) and if I was a collector, I would pay that bit more. nice catch, and a welcome addition to a collection, well done

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast