Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of this tunic?

Article about: im taking a guess here glenn that this is on either ebay or something similar (some sort of auction site) when it comes down to TR stuff use a dealer not an auction because the vast majority

Default What do you think of this tunic?

Hey guys what do you think of this, i was at first thinking it could be a SS tunic with no insignia with the collars being how there are, but im not sure?
    Thanks guys, Glen.
    Attached Images Attached Images What do you think of this tunic?  What do you think of this tunic?  What do you think of this tunic? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you think of this tunic?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: What do you think of this tunic?

It looks brand new from the pictures, is there any wear on it at all?

Better detailed pics needed as usual.

Concern are the lack of French cuffs, shape of the breast pockets, lack of collar liner fixings, etc...

Cheers, Ade,
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

imho a new fake from the pictures shown there have never been any eppaulets or anything else on it for that matter better pictures will help obviously but to be honest i don't think they are needed
    sorry

tom

edit* damn ade beat me to it lol

Yh i know guys im getting some better pics over the weekend of the removed insignia, so what type of tunic do you guys think it is?
    Thanks, Glen.

To be fair, asking opinions with crap photos like that, is like asking someone to buy a car on description only.

You just wouldn't do it.
    So you want honest opinions, give us a fighting chance and post some decent pictures........... please

Yes sorry i am fully aware of this, although i would just like some 1st thoughts as these are all the images i have to go with and i am currently getting some more from the seller,
    Thanks, Glen.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    To be fair, asking opinions with crap photos like that, is like asking someone to buy a car on description only.

You just wouldn't do it.
    So you want honest opinions, give us a fighting chance and post some decent pictures........... please

The tunic is M36 pattern.

My mantra here is buy the books and not just go bargain hunting. I am sorry if I sound harsh here, but this is really basic stuff.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

No its fine im now trying to make a database of real and fake stuff by getting pics of different items from forums etc although i haven't got on to uniforms yet,
    Thanks, Glen.

That is good, but you need a basic grounding on which to build upon.

Buy Brian L Davis' "German Army uniforms and Insignia".

It is an old book but still the "Bible". And £13 well spent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast