Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

What Drillich uniform is this?

Article about: This is being advertised as a Drillich uniform WW2 Wehrmacht - 100% original. I have my doubts, I recognise the pattern, but the seller hasn't replied back for better photos, so always a bad

Default What Drillich uniform is this?

This is being advertised as a Drillich uniform WW2 Wehrmacht - 100% original. I have my doubts, I recognise the pattern, but the seller hasn't replied back for better photos, so always a bad sign! Any opinions as to what it is, repro, etc. are greatly received, just to aid my learning more than anything. Thanks in advance.

What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What Drillich uniform is this?
    P
    Many

reminds me of a fieldmade jacket but i would wait for the experts opinions

cheers DS

Quote by DS pzkpfwIII View Post
    reminds me of a fieldmade jacket but i would wait for the experts opinions

cheers DS
    It is 100% original period piece. I have one exactly the same, they were made minus the top pockets.

A work jacket that was usually worn by "other ranks" although NCO's would wear them ,but without their rank

I stand corrected, I've just received the other photos, concerns are that there's no field dressing pocket?

What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    It is 100% original period piece. I have one exactly the same, they were made minus the top pockets.

A work jacket that was usually worn by "other ranks" although NCO's would wear them ,but without their rank
    Hello,

As john said, Nice original. This is a work uniform not a combat uniform! No first aid bandage pocket.

Fred

Thanks Fred. I was reading through this thread where some were used as a stand in tropical jacket:

Ss hbt drillich

But of course they were mainly for work details. Thanks for your input.

Quote by John Brandon View Post

Hello,
    NCOs wore them with collar tress...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello,
    It is a nice original example. Worn for work, fatigue and sometimes also in combat. There are known photos of examples worn in combat, usually over the woolen Feldbluse.
    Two examples below...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

here is a german gentleman wearing such a uniform i think

cheers DS

What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?What Drillich uniform is this?

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    Thanks Fred. I was reading through this thread where some were used as a stand in tropical jacket:

Ss hbt drillich

But of course they were mainly for work details. Thanks for your input.
    I was told SS were generally issued this early pattern in lieu of the HBT m40 tunics throughout the war, so photos of them in combat with schutzstaffel would theoretically be considerably more common