Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What uniform is this?

Article about: Im pretty new here and my wife recently bought a lot of German items and this uniform was included. I have NO IDEA what type or from when or if it is real at all. Any ideas?

Default What uniform is this?

Im pretty new here and my wife recently bought a lot of German items and this uniform was included. I have NO IDEA what type or from when or if it is real at all. Any ideas?
    What uniform is this?What uniform is this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What uniform is this?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What uniform is this?

Looks like a waffenrock, but what with the cuffes? J phil will tell you more
    It could be waffenrock with modifications to it. Branch indicated is Artillery. (red waffen Farbe)

Any markings on the inside?
    Last edited by Franz1944; 02-20-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Expand

It appears that it started life as a Waffenrock (dress tunic) which has been converted for field use, probably for a member of the Volkssturm, but it has been badged for a gefreiter with a signalers patch and shoulder straps for an artillery other ranks. It probably is good but the shoulder straps, the rank chevron and the signalers blitz patch have probably been added postwar. Close up pics of the insignia would be good to try and see when they were added. The eagle is a very nice first pattern (M34) type and might be original to the tunic, as this is the type it would have had when first used.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

here is waffenrock that was modified
    Time Traveler - WW2 German Infantry EM Tunic
    What uniform is this?What uniform is this?What uniform is this?What uniform is this?

Thanks! I'll get those up in a few minutes.

Quote by Bond View Post
    It appears that it started life as a Waffenrock (dress tunic) which has been converted for field use, probably for a member of the Volkssturm, but it has been badged for a gefreiter with a signalers patch and shoulder straps for an artillery other ranks. It probably is good but the shoulder straps, the rank chevron and the signalers blitz patch have probably been added postwar. Close up pics of the insignia would be good to try and see when they were added. The eagle is a very nice first pattern (M34) type and might be original to the tunic, as this is the type it would have had when first used.
    I agree, today i had in my hands a heer waffenrock converted into field combat tunic.
    However the eagle and remaining insignia were not original to it.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Here are some close-ups.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What uniform is this?   What uniform is this?  

What uniform is this?   What uniform is this?  

What uniform is this?  

Eagle looks to have been replaced. The chevron and signal blitz were both probably added at the same time -same thread and stitching- though when is hard to be certain, though post war is likely. The collar patches look originally machine applied and were probably applied to replace the original dress litzen when it was converted for field use. The shoulder straps are likely to be original and were probably added at the same time as the blitz and chevron.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

There are no markings that I can see on the inside. Just a terrible patch job haha.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What uniform is this?   What uniform is this?  

Is there any value to something this altered?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast