Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

White "Droop Tail" Luftwaffe Eagle

Article about: Just picked this up for \\$50 at an auction and am pretty darn sure its a breast eagle, 3.5 inches from end to end. But I have never seen a uniform with this cloth style bullion breast eagle m

Caseydiggz
    ?

Default White "Droop Tail" Luftwaffe Eagle

Just picked this up for $50 at an auction and am pretty darn sure its a breast eagle, 3.5 inches from end to end. But I have never seen a uniform with this cloth style bullion breast eagle most of the summer uniforms have the metal eagle. Since most of the hat eagle are 2.5 inches from end to end this probably isnt a hat eagle. Thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White "Droop Tail" Luftwaffe Eagle  

2. # ADS

Default Re: White "Droop Tail" Luftwaffe Eagle

To be honest, I would be concerned over the originality of this one. Look at the very badly formed swastika.

Cheers, Ade.

i would agree i also thought the top half looks well diffrent from the bottom

Caseydiggz
    ?

I'm sorry for the poorly formed swastika it was in the pages of a photo album that belonged to the owner who was killed in action in Germany in 1945. The album sold separately and the eagle had been folded in half and the swastika was pretty well destroyed and I have spent the last day trying to straighten it out. I will get back on here today and post pics of the back

Caseydiggz
    ?

pic of the back
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White "Droop Tail" Luftwaffe Eagle  

hi casey this patch is a bad one imho sorry but that was more than a photo album thats done that to the swastika! third reich german wire bullion insignia is nice and tightly knited together and is top quality there wool and cloth backings on insignia is also quality not like the one you show again just my opinon!