Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

White Panzerjacke worn by unknown RKT

Article about: An interesting image from the Bundesarchive of a rare tailor made Panzerjacke. Can anyone put a name to this RKT? Cheers, Ade.

Default White Panzerjacke worn by unknown RKT

An interesting image from the Bundesarchive of a rare tailor made Panzerjacke.

Can anyone put a name to this RKT?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White Panzerjacke worn by unknown RKT  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White Panzerjacke worn by unknown RKT
    P
    Many

pjm
    ?

Default Re: White Panzerjacke worn by unknown RKT

great image...something no one would believe if this turned up in a collection.

pjm
    ?

Circa 1968 or 69 (I was still in high school) I bought a field grey Assault Gunner officer's wrap-around tunic from a veteran along with a mountain officer's cap (one of the buttons was SS marked) and several enlisted Navy and Coastal Artillery Schiffchen.

The jacket was for a Leutnant with Panzer Grenadier green underlay shoulder boards and white piped standard Infantry officer's collar tabs and Panzer skulls on the lapels.

I paid $10 for everything.

My theory was that the original unit wore Infantry white and later was designated PZ Grenadier and boards were changed but not the tabs...maybe the field tailor didn't have them available. The skulls may have been a unit tradition or just a personal touch.

Today no one would accept this configuration as original but I believe the jacket was worn like that.

Ade-
    The jacket may be one of the oatmeal colored lightweight jackets worn in Southern Russia.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.